Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Grounds for divorce?

Search this Thread

Old 02-26-2015, 03:26 PM
Default Grounds for divorce?

My wife hit my car today with my truck, and didnt tell me. when i texted her, she called me and told me she did it, and that she thought there wasnt any damage, and that i wouldnt notice. I notice everything about my vehicles. I noticed the day she cracked on of the wheels on my truck out the corner of my eye walking by! and it was covered in road salt! the second honda i ever owned, 92 accord 4dr, she got pissed at me at work, and crashed my honda, repeatedly, into my suv, 3 times to be exact... she runs my truck low on oil, she just doesnt seem to give a **** about the one thing im so passionate about, and thats my cars. for me, my car is a classic. 19 years old, nice, something ive been looking for, something ill have for a long time, and she just does not give a ****. i havent shut up about this car since i got it! maybe thats why she dont care, and maybe thats why its time for me to leave. am i over reacting?

Old 02-26-2015, 09:05 PM
Almost A Senior Member

In short,,,,YES...a lil damage on a car is hardly grounds for divorce,,,if you caught her screwing your boss,,then my answer would be yes,,get over it,,it is just a car,,,even my honda,,given to me by my mother on her death bed,,is still just a car,,,cars can be replaced,,memories and loved ones can not,,sounds like you love your car more than your wife,,should be the other way around,,and before you get all pissy about this post,,,remember,,,YOU ASKED,,good luck,,

Old 03-21-2015, 10:42 AM
Administrator
Thumbs up ** Yes**

Originally Posted by XGonaGiveIt2Ya
My wife hit my car today with my truck, and didnt tell me. when i texted her, she called me and told me she did it, and that she thought there wasnt any damage, and that i wouldnt notice. I notice everything about my vehicles. I noticed the day she cracked on of the wheels on my truck out the corner of my eye walking by! and it was covered in road salt! the second honda i ever owned, 92 accord 4dr, she got pissed at me at work, and crashed my honda, repeatedly, into my suv, 3 times to be exact... she runs my truck low on oil, she just doesnt seem to give a **** about the one thing im so passionate about, and thats my cars. for me, my car is a classic. 19 years old, nice, something ive been looking for, something ill have for a long time, and she just does not give a ****. i havent shut up about this car since i got it! maybe thats why she dont care, and maybe thats why its time for me to leave. am i over reacting?

OVER REACTING..take away her driving keys for the car..

Old 03-21-2015, 07:33 PM

I let my sister drive my Corvair. She backed it into her pickup truck. Caved in the panel behind the rear wheel. Her husband was a total jerk about it. Corvair came out fairly good. Bumper had paint on it. Polished out with little effort. A piece of aluminum trim needed some work to get out a dent. I felt bad for her, mostly because of her husband.

I think the cause was she wasn't used to the non power brakes and the steering is geared a bit slow by todays standards.

It's only a car, get over it.