Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

How does it feel driving one of the most hated cars in the world?

Search this Thread

Old 06-25-2007, 07:16 PM
Default How does it feel driving one of the most hated cars in the world?

I mean Accord'sprobably are slightly more liked then Civics, but still one of the most hated cars due to the whole "rice" thing.Mainly by the sterotypical american muslce Trans Am/Camaro/Mustang driver. (obviously)

I personally don't mind them and mind my own damn business. And when it keeps to stuff about Hondas, I usually just bring it here or another Honda forum. If you go to another car forum with lets say some Pontiac lovers, you're more than likely to get lashed out at on how their car has 300+ horsepower and runs 11's on the track.

Old 06-25-2007, 10:54 PM
Administrator
Default RE: How does it feel driving one of the most hated cars in the world?

and that my friend is why it's not a wise decision to go to those forums..unless you like abuse

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 06-25-2007, 10:56 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

haha True!

I have respect for tuner cars and muscle cars. As long as people are into modifying cars, well....they are my type of people! Not so much the GM people though....[8D][:'(]

Old 06-25-2007, 11:04 PM

Nonsense. Between me and my buddies we have a few muscle cars, a few pickups, and a few imports. I dont hate any small car or import because it's the logical thing to drive. I hate what people sometimes BUILD them into.

If I'm in one my trucks or my cutlass and I see a riced out POS, I'll mess around with them or laugh, but if it's just a stock or nicely done car, I dont mind them at all. A bad apple must have spoiled the whole tree...

Old 06-26-2007, 09:03 AM

Are Accords really more liked than Civics?
I remember back wen Fast and The Furious came out, everyone was into Civics. And i more often see Civics, stocked or tuned than i do Accords.
I really did think Civics were more liked. You also find more parts for Civics to tune up than for Accords. Then again thts wat i think and i may be wrong.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:08 AM

I'm on the same page with 19Accord97 and peewee. My first car when I was 16 was a '90 Mustang GT 5.05spd - a lady ran a red light after I only had it for about 9 months - R.I.P. I still have a '91 Mustang5.0convertible (auto)at my dad's house that I drove all through college. I just don't list it as one of my cars on here because I haven't driven it since I got my 2000 LX. It's got about 175k on itand needs a little TLC. Plus I hate the attitudes of most 5.0 drivers. I didn't want to get labeled as one of those "5.0 driving d*****bags." There are plenty of respectable Honda drivers (Civics included) as well as respectable muscle car drivers. You just may not find a whole lot of respectable muscle car drivers in their forums! I don't understand why some feel they need to diss Honda's anyway. Are they afraid they might get beat in a race or something? If they are so confident in themselves, they shoud try to race all the souped up Honda's they can findto prove their **** is as big as their car's.

Old 06-26-2007, 09:41 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Yeah, there are way more parts for Civics. The only reason Accords have aftermarket support is because it is a Honda car. And people modify Hondas.

I dont understand why people poo poo tuner cars so much either. Usually its more affordable and economical, ecspecially if you drive it everyday with gas prices so high these days. Kids at my school usually diss my Accord quite a bit and call it gay or w/e. It does bug me, but then I remember they know nothing about cars, or let alone, what rice is. Theres just always going to be people who try to put down someone elses car whether they know anything about them at all. I know my car isnt fast by any means, that is why I dont act all Mr. Hotshotish....I think that is where most of the hate comes from. People being full of themselves n' such.

Thought there is one thing that never ceases to confuse me and wonder why. When you go to a car show 99% of the time you will see about 20 Corvettes, many new and unmodified. And now its happening with the Skys, and Soltices. My question is "why bring a car to a car show that is seen everyday sitting at a dealership and on the road?" I dont get it. To me it is a waste of space. Plus I dont like how *most* of those Vette people think they are big shots that have the fastest piece of machinery in the world.
My most fond memory was when three new Corvettes were parked nect to each other, and then a 2005 red Viper parked next to them, then people surrounded the Viper, which obviously infuriated the Vette owners, and they moved their Vettes! tehehe

Old 06-26-2007, 10:45 AM

Here's an age old discussion in my family *L* My uncle has an old Camaro with a Blower and a stupid amount of power (he's an excellent mechanic so he built the motor from the floor up...) That car just rips... then my grandmother has an old all origonal Buick Skyhawk (1956?) that she takes to car shows and has won with... but it's got the Big Block Wildcat motor in it and my grandma can sure lay some rubber with that sucker... so when I start talking about how I'd one day like to tune my car my uncle will finally admit that you can get some good power out of them but he's a die hard american muscle mechanic...

In the end though I'm starting to slowly see a big shift away from american muscle cars to imports.... I think the tables are slowly starting to turn and that our children coming up may view cars a different way....

Old 06-26-2007, 11:29 AM

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

In the end though I'm starting to slowly see a big shift away from american muscle cars to imports.... I think the tables are slowly starting to turn and that our children coming up may view cars a different way....
I have a feeling it's all about GAS PRICES! When I first started driving Mustangs gas was about $0.88/gallon so I didn't give a crap how much gas my car guzzled. Plus Muscle cars are getting more expensive. Heck even 5.0 Mustangs have shot up in price. i bought my first one with only 83,000 miles on it for $4,500!!
Also insurance rates, i could go on and on. I'm not big on the Vette guys either because the majority of them don't know d**k about cars. They just know they are rich and could afford one of the fastest stock cars. Give me the 40 or 50 grand they spent on the Vette and I can build a 5.0 mustang that will blow their doors off! Could probably use the cash left over to turbo the Accord too!

Old 06-26-2007, 09:38 PM

ORIGINAL: 00AccordLX5spd

Also insurance rates, i could go on and on. I'm not big on the Vette guys either because the majority of them don't know d**k about cars. They just know they are rich and could afford one of the fastest stock cars. Give me the 40 or 50 grand they spent on the Vette and I can build a 5.0 mustang that will blow their doors off! Could probably use the cash left over to turbo the Accord too!
Agreed. Although I cannot say I wouldn't LOVE to have a new vette. They are awesome cars.

Muscle cars are far from falling off because of imports though. The value of 60s-early 70s muscle keeps skyrocketing. But then again maybe thats why the kids are moving toward something more affordable. ( tuners )

But we cant forget that in 15 years, the newer GTOs, Chargers and Mustangs will be dirt cheap, and you know there are a lot of young kids who lust after those now!

Quick Reply: How does it feel driving one of the most hated cars in the world?