Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

How does it feel driving one of the most hated cars in the world?

Search this Thread

Old 06-26-2007, 10:16 PM
Default RE: How does it feel driving one of the most hated cars in the world?

Heck yes. I am 18 now, before i thought Mustangs and Vettes were the "coolest" car ever. Then i grew up a little, and moved onto loving Lambos and Ferraris. Then i figured i wasnt going to be a millionaire, watched Fast and The Furious, and moved onto loving Tuners/Imports (Civics, Supras, and Eclipses). Now i have my own car and i am trying to "tune" it to the best of my ability.

So i must agree, that as we get older we learn to appreciate differnt cars. Even though i Love my Accord, if i had enough money i would go buy a brand new GTO or Cavalier or the new Evo. (A choice in car has much to do with money)

Old 06-26-2007, 10:41 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

haha True!

I have respect for tuner cars and muscle cars. As long as people are into modifying cars, well....they are my type of people! Not so much the GM people though....[8D][:'(]
The GM folks do seem to do more modding than most other folks who work on their cars..Iv'e noticed this my self
WheelBrokerAng

Old 06-26-2007, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Sir_Nasty..dont you see it comeing down the highway some day as to Who has the Fastest and Wildest Battery Powered car !

The Cars of the future Fast and Curious!

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Old 06-26-2007, 11:22 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: WheelBrokerAng

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

haha True!

I have respect for tuner cars and muscle cars. As long as people are into modifying cars, well....they are my type of people! Not so much the GM people though....[8D][:'(]
The GM folks do seem to do more modding than most other folks who work on their cars..Iv'e noticed this my self
WheelBrokerAng
I meant it as in people who tuner their cars are my type of people...but no so much GM wise. I didnt mean they didnt mod their cars!

Old 06-27-2007, 01:07 PM

I live in a pretty good town. No one really disses theHonda's but some of the hardcore street racers around who I believe one drives a SSCamaro, 1WRX (or used to I think he has a 240 now),and GT Mustang. But they are still cool.At the end of the day I feel some of these guys feel threatned. I mean a lot of the times their car cost 3,000+ dollars for the same year car. And their car is supposed to be fast. If they lose to a damn car that's not they're going to blow a hissy fit.Very similar when two of my friends raced. One hasheavily modifed97' Supra. And one has a 98' GT Stang with some good sounding flowmasters on it. Of course everyone was picking the Supra even though he was running I believe stock boost at the time, but when the Mustang won by like three cars everyone was in shock. You could see my friend driving the Supra about to blow up. Talk about pissed.

But personally I'm not big in street racing. I'm like every other teen. I like to have a good race with a friend maybe once or twice a month. But that's it. I don't do to much of it.

And I will have to agree with the Corvette thing. A friend of mine has a 01 Vette. So I asked him what model it is. He says..."Those ZO6's are fast as mess man!" So I replied "You have a ZO6!?" Then hes going to say, "Nah. I don't know. I forgot. It's a C something. I'll tell you later."

What kind of male doesn't know what model their car is? All you have to do is look at the damn car.Pretty sad. Then the same guy is supposed to get TT's for his Vette running a stock motor. Doesn't sound to good......but that's them rich folks for you.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:17 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

The Accord is the grown up Civic. Most people can't/won't put in the money and time to improve the performance...which is a shame. The more civil and prim/proper the car looks, the higher potential it has for a sleeper. Hence, my project car is the Accord. My last was a '82 Caprice Classic.

But mad props to muscles cars...they are the only ones IMO that are allowed to let their engines roar and drown out every sound surrounding them.

Old 06-27-2007, 02:33 PM

ORIGINAL: 03Sleeper

But mad props to muscles cars...they are the only ones IMO that are allowed to let their engines roar and drown out every sound surrounding them.
AMEN!! IMO nothing sounds better than a bad @$$ V8 with a good exhaust set up. In the small redneck town I grew up in, a lot of people had "dirt drag" cars and trucks. They had about a 1/8 mile dirt track set up in a pit out in the boonies. Guys would bring anything from stock to super modded trucks/cars out there and race. Some of the guys had open exhausts that were so loud you couldn't help it that there was a huge smile on your face. The sound and the massive rooster tail of dirt and mud that came from the tires

Old 06-27-2007, 03:45 PM

I have to agree. The sound of a V8's roaring at high speeds is a amazing sound. Muslces by far have the most bad**BUTT** sound to a car. Like the car is about to eateverything on the road including the road!

Old 06-27-2007, 08:42 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I am partial to the I6.

Old 06-28-2007, 10:34 AM

ORIGINAL: smaglik

I am partial to the I6.
Haha! You have an M3! Of course you are!
IMO rear wheel drive is the way to go if you want to race. Does anybody here ever watch the show "Pinks" on the Speed channel? I have seen plenty of them where a guy will have a Civic with mad power racing an american made car such as a Mustang or a TransAm with roughly the same or even less power. Normally theAmerican made car wins[:@] Of course I could be wrong since they only show an estimate of the HP but not the torque, which is one of the biggest factors when drag racing. It still just seems like theFWD can never bite as hard and get as much traction as the RWD.

Quick Reply: How does it feel driving one of the most hated cars in the world?