Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

How To- Get your Signifigant other to Clean your car

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2007, 06:44 PM
Default How To- Get your Signifigant other to Clean your car

Well much to my suprise it finally happened. My wife got sick and tired of the fact that I use the floor of my backseat behind the drivers side to store unwanted food containers and cups from my travels. So lastnight she decided that if I wasn't going to fix it she would and I got up this morning to find a nicely cleaned car, free from debries and wiped down/dusted interior. She had had enough of the mess and now just warns me not to get it that dirty again (yeah it was bad). So here's a few suggetions on how you can recieve this wonderfull service.

1) Always make sure that no matter where you go the two of you ride in your car and leave a few cups and such on the floor of the passenger side so they are aware of the issue. (chip bags make lots of noise)

2) If you don't live with your partner be sure you setup lots of opportunities for them to help you out, plan entire days of driving around and such, point out great places of intrest like the $0.50 cent vacuum machines by the carwash that you wish you could afford but just recently paid bills and bought her something nice (you will be held to it if you mention it so be prepared).

3) If you are asked for documents stratigically place them just barely visible underneath some of the garbage in the rear seat or in a random pocket so they will search the vehicle looking for it. (This alone might get your car cleaned)

4) Keep detailing and cleaning supplies on your back seat and talk about how much time and energy you wish you had to clean out your car.

5) Drop additional hints about how wonderfull their room or house looks when it's clean and how they do such a great job you wish they were able to do that to your car.

6) Use lots of air fresheners and never take down the old one. So if this takes a while (patience will win) you get a nice collection of tree's hanging in your car. (Hang them all in one spot or stuff them everywhere for affect)

7) Talk about the creatures and eco system you are trying to breed in the back of your car and tell them how much you love having the car dirty. (this annoys some men and opens a maternal feeling in most women thus making them want to 'help' you)

8) Bring a third person with you frequently and tell them to shuffle their feet periodically to make lots of noise with the garbage in the back.

9) Remove the distributor cap off their vehicle so they are forced to drive yours for a day or two while you fix theirs (make sure you have rides setup or this won't work)

10) You could always try just asking but that might get you in trouble so not suggested except for in extreme situations.

Well I hope this helps a few of you out. If you have any questions feel free to ask!

Old 01-08-2007, 06:56 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: How To- Get your Signifigant other to Clean your car

that is a great plan, i am going to have to try it, but for me it will have to be on my mom. now if we could just figure out how to get them to wash it as well..................

Old 01-08-2007, 11:22 PM
Administrator

YO Nasty thats really Nasty!
WheelBrokerAng

Old 01-09-2007, 02:20 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Thats a great list! I too would have to use it on my mom, and since I clean her car to get minimal dollars for gas, I highly doubt these genious ideas would work for me. I could use the distributor car idea...but my dad would easily discover this and imprison me in my room for who knows how long.

I suppose another idea, would be to fill yuor vehicle with your garbage until there is no room left. So instead, begin unloading into your spouses vehicle. This not only prevents more effort when taking the garbage out to the curb, but would most definitely get both vehicles cleaned ecspecially if the cycle continued.

But, this is the fail proof plan which requires much more effort.
You need to prearrange this with a pal who will pick you up.
First, after taking a trip with your passenger (victim), you decide you will vacuum the car out real quick before you get home.
Next, pull alongside a vacuum, and ask the "victim" to go get change for your dollar.
As the person is getting change unhook one of many things to prevent the car from starting. As the person is walking back, attempt to start the car to "move it a little closer the the vacuum." When it doesn't start shake your head and claim Honda is nothing more than an "overrated piece o' junk" *cringes*. Then shake your head.
But hey! What do you know, your pal just pulled into the car wash and has offered you a ride to Advance Auto Parts to get the part needed! So you say you'll return asap. As you and your pal are enjoying a good burger and laughing about the prank and good HS memories, the victim will decide to waste time by cleaning out your vehicle. When you return, either pretend to change the part, or claim that it was just something intermittent.
And there you have it! A clean car, a great prank, and a great memory to laugh about with or at the cleaner!

Old 01-09-2007, 02:03 PM

That's great... It would take a fair amount of planning... Just be sure that you take your keys with you so they don't try to start it and run your battery dead... *L*

Old 01-10-2007, 07:14 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Well, if someone attempts my plan! Please record it, or take pictures and give us the plan in detail! hahaha

Old 01-16-2007, 11:58 PM
Super Moderator

Here's a little dose of reality for you guys;
Ice and sleet here this past weekend; wife wants to go shopping so I play 'hero' and offer to drive [I'm not scared of icy roads LOL]
So I grab my big coffee cup and head for the car, she says to put the coffee in a travel cup so it will fit in the cup holder.I said "I'll worry about my own coffee cup" [sm=badidea.gif] [Add that to the stupidest things I've ever said.]
About a block from the store we caught a red light, both of us reached up to grab the coffee cup at the same time,I won!!Knocking it sideways across her hand so it could then roll down her arm and dump coffee all over her left leg.
She was not too happy doing shopping soaked with coffee, but it did dry to a really cool looking yellow stain.
Sort of like a coffee tie dye job.
So back at the house, in 26 degree temp and sleet/drizzle, I got to clean off the seat, rub in some saddle soap, then pull the seat bolts soI could get the carpetshampoo tool under therebeside the seat.
Get it all done and get my frozen butt back into the house where I was promptly informed "You are never driving my Acura again !" Real gratitude;
"I tell ya I get no respect"

Ha Ha Ha Ha She is due an oil service in about 200 miles.
ButI think I'll use the travel cup for my coffeeon that trip[sm=goodidea.gif]