Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

how will my accord do against a camry?

Search this Thread

Old 06-05-2009, 07:48 PM

Good luck with that "rear gear" swap.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:22 PM
Newest Of Newbies

i know its gonna cost like 2,500 bucks. but i didnt get their 2000 dollar nav. stuff. this will be more worth it to me. keep your guys honda braginn rights back. we cant let no camrys beat up on us can we? every one of my past new cars werent stock very long.

Old 06-05-2009, 08:45 PM

Well when they do those rear gears, get them to throw in a full locker and rebush the panhard rod as well. Don't want things getting lose down there.
If you have traction issues after the work, a set of cragers with some good rubber will help.

Old 06-05-2009, 10:31 PM
Newest Of Newbies

1 step at a time MOPPIE, i just bought this thing. it took me 20 years on the gt mustang, 5 years on the powerstroke to make them the way i like. i just joined this fourm, give me a few months to get this accord moving right.

Old 06-09-2009, 03:06 PM
webkid90
Unregistered

The only way to really find out is to get your grand parents out of the camry, and race both cars to see who wins. For the sake of safety and common sense I would suggest doing it at a proper track, where you can be timed and make multiple runs.

Old 06-15-2009, 04:57 PM
leo27
Unregistered

they should be close, though i'm not sure how the gearing compares.

Old 06-15-2009, 05:20 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Originally Posted by bobwb
the v-6 camry is about the fastest sedan goinn now, i bought the accord for the better interior, drove both cars, the accord felt faster off line till i got to 40 then the camry felt stronger, seemed to pull faster, talked to dealer today for a rear gear swap, no problems he says, they say a lott of people do this. it might hurt mpgs about 2 mpgs though. but lotts better 0 to 60mph. 5.5 compared to our 6.3 for stock.stock camry dose 60 in 6.1 sec.
So you're going to put in shorter ratio gearing in the non-existent rear diff? Where are you getting said gear from and where did this $2,500 figure come from?

It would be cheaper to just swap in a Type-S 6spd tranny from an Acura CL-S or similar. If you want to save gas, spend a little more money and change out the CL-S 6th gear with the Accords, but I bet the ratios are pretty close as it is.

I smell a lot of BS in this thread... and all just to beat a damn Camry? If you're goal is to beat another car, why not pick something a little out of the Accord's league instead of some family sedan showdown?

I'm not seeing the logic anywhere in here...

PS - You could also safely inject a 75 or 100 shot of wet/dry nitrous for $1000

Old 06-15-2009, 07:50 PM

Originally Posted by finch13

I didn't know the word safe and N20 could go together...

Old 06-15-2009, 09:21 PM
Administrator
Arrow

Originally Posted by finch13
So you're going to put in shorter ratio gearing in the non-existent rear diff? Where are you getting said gear from and where did this $2,500 figure come from?

It would be cheaper to just swap in a Type-S 6spd tranny from an Acura CL-S or similar. If you want to save gas, spend a little more money and change out the CL-S 6th gear with the Accords, but I bet the ratios are pretty close as it is.

I smell a lot of BS in this thread... and all just to beat a damn Camry? If you're goal is to beat another car, why not pick something a little out of the Accord's league instead of some family sedan showdown?

I'm not seeing the logic anywhere in here...

I smell the same thing here also..sounds like it's wannabe time..

Old 06-15-2009, 10:42 PM

Originally Posted by t00fatt
I didn't know the word safe and N20 could go together...
It's just an oxidizer, it's a lot safer than more people think.

Quick Reply: how will my accord do against a camry?