Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

I just don't understand

Search this Thread

Old 01-19-2012, 09:13 PM
Super Moderator
Default I just don't understand

Well this may well be an unwelcome political post. I have promised in the past to moderators that I would not make political waves................Yet I have to know.............. WHY is it that the youngest voters 20-30 year olds are the greatest volume of supporters to Ron Paul ?

Myself being an old old man, I hold the belief in the written constitution of the united states of america, that alone being a Ron Paul platform doesn't explian the younger voter support.
Most of you guys have never even read the constitution. [no foul intended.]

WTFudge is going on here. ??

Old 01-23-2012, 01:55 PM

It is because the young understand the following cartoon far better than the old that Ron Paul is so popular with the young voters. Name:  MarchofTyranny.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  152.0 KB

As you can see, the cartoon explains the present twin-party system in the US far better than mere words ever could.

Although Ron Paul is a "Republican", he is from the old, true-conservative, Republican party, not the new Republican party that is now dominated by so-called neocons.

Ron Paul's anti-war, anti-big government, isolationist philosophy is much more like that of the left-wing of the Democratic party of the late 1960's than it is to the new warmonger-dominated Republican party.

The new Democratic party is no different than the new Republican. They're both owned and operated by the same unelected people, therefore, all of the candidates for president, including O'bomb'em, except Ron Paul, will behave idenically if elected president.

All the candidates except Ron Paul are like children who just want to be president. They don't care what they have to say or promise to get there. What's coming out of all of their pie holes is determined by focus groups and private polls. They'll announce that they've personally met Jesus if that's what they and their campaign advisers tell them will get them elected.

Unfortunately, what focus groups are telling them is to promise war, because the Miltary-Security-Industrial Complex has completely corrupted the US political system, just as Eisenhower warned it might. Do a search for "Eisenhower's farewell address" and READ IT!

Millions upon millions of US voters in almost every state in the nation are now either directly or indirectly employed by the (borrowed) $1.2 trillion that the federal government distributes each and every year.

"The old" voters who depend on that system for their livelihoods want just one thing -- a president who will continue the wars and the perpetual debt to pay for it.

If you want to see how bad things really are, go to the following web site to see which states "benefit" from DoD contracts:
www dot governmentcontractswon dot com/

On the right side of the page that opens select "contractors by state",then select the state you're interested in.

For example, Virginia not only has an important upcoming primary, AFAIK, Ron Paul and Runmoney are the only two candidates that have made it into their primary, so select "Virginia" to see which private companies received DoD contracts.

On the page that then opens, you can see that in 2010 alone, Virginia "private" companies received 54 BILLION US borrowed taxpayer dollars for 59,348 DoD contracts. At the bottom of the page, you can see a list of the names of the private companies that received the contracts and how much money each company received from 2000 to 2010. You can click on each company to see some more detail about the contracts.

From 2000 to 2010, 13,406 "private" companies in Virginia received 368,608 DoD contracts worth $399 BILLION!. Of course, there are many NON-DoD government contracts that are awarded to Virginia "private" businesses, as well.

In short, "private" businesses in Virginia, like the vast majority of states, are very dependent on those borrowed tax dollars flowing into their state year after year after year. If that flow was stopped, it would be an economic disaster.

With the above in mind, I wonder how many of the employees of those 13,406 companies (as well as the employees of surrounding businesses) are going to be voting for peace candidate Ron Paul, and how many of them will be voting for any one of the other R and D warmongers?

This is the god awful state of the war-based US economy and the political system that has been completely and utterly corrupted by it. Peace is now the thing to be feared. Peace is now a "threat" to the US economy. Peace candidates cannot get elected because "We, the People" do not want to lose our precious jobs at Lockheed Martin, Northrup Grumman, Boeing, etc. etc. etc.

Last edited by Tony1M; 01-24-2012 at 12:54 PM.
Old 01-23-2012, 06:20 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Tony,
I usually tend to vote Democratic but I am listening to Ron Paul because of the anti-war dialog, RP is the only Republican Candidate that I am sure will not go to war if elected. Rick Santorum is soundly a War Hawk and the others cannot be trusted not to flip the switch on Iran is someone whispers in their ear.
One fact that drives me nutz about the Federal Budget is how much we spend on the Military, I know that their are pension obligations, medical care and benefits to our servicemen and women and their families that I advocate for. But the #s are as such.

1. US Military budget cost just approved in the Defense authorization bill. $685,000,000,000 1 year.
2. Persons in the US 300,000,000, if you take the average #s. 4 persons per household = 75,000,000 Households paying income taxes.

If you just do the math on this one thing and the Defense obligation for each and every American Household is $9,133/year, or 761$ a month. When families of 4 making $50,000 pay about $100 a year in Federal income tax, all this is an unsustainable contract.

I know, you can argue that their are Corporate Taxes fees, etc. but this is discounted by the fact that 45% of all Corporations don't pay Federal Tax and 55% of all American Households don't pay tax either. And on the other side, Government has other things to do besides Defense.

I need to add that my kids are young voters, not me in particular.

Last edited by MysticBlueEX; 01-23-2012 at 06:53 PM. Reason: Added age note.
Old 01-23-2012, 07:20 PM
Almost A Senior Member

Kinda makes you wonder why a Company near us got 10 mill

FORD GUM & MACHINE COMPANY
AKRON, NY 14001

Did we actually spend $10,692,979 on Gumballs and Gumball Machines?

Old 01-23-2012, 09:45 PM

I'm 24 and will definitely be voting for Ron Paul..in my opinion, the rest of the candidates are clowns.

Old 01-23-2012, 11:00 PM
Administrator

Okay..Now That You all have got that out of the way..we can stop the politics
please and go back to being car forum people..

I let that go thru and took out the links that are not allowed Tony, so please don't put in any more.

WheelBrokerAng

Old 01-24-2012, 12:00 PM

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
Okay..Now That You all have got that out of the way..we can stop the politics
please and go back to being car forum people..

I let that go thru and took out the links that are not allowed Tony, so please don't put in any more.

WheelBrokerAng
Didn't one of the moderators tell me recently that direct links were not allowed only if they were to sites that sold stuff and had prices on them? WRONG

Old 01-26-2012, 09:02 AM
Administrator

Did One Of Them Tell You>!<?

Old 01-26-2012, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by WheelBrokerAng
Did One Of Them Tell You>!<?
Well, there's JimBlake's final comment to me on Oct 13, 2011in this thread:
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...34/#post257904
Notice that in my first post I mention my reticence in posting the links. Again, in JimBlake's final post, he tells me point-blank that "The rules say no links to SELLING sites - I don't see where that one is really selling anything. It's got some SAAB stuff too!"

Then there's the following thread that I started on Nov. 30, 2011(about 6 weeks after Jim's statement of the rule above, and my belief in it's accuracy). As you can see, my post contains two non-selling links.
https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...elation-44211/
On the same day, also notice who makes the final post on that thread and what was said (to my post that contains two links).

The two case above confirmed to me that Jim's statement of the rule was indeed accurate and, because of this, I posted those links in my first post in this present thread that I must say hondadude started.

I don't mind following rules one bit. It's arbitrary rules that bug me.

Old 01-26-2012, 01:01 PM
Administrator

So whenever theres a post with a direct selling link we should not being linking it to your post. Thats all were saying...besides Michelin tires are very good, I have them on my wifes car.

And some times they are a sponsor on our site..

Quick Reply: I just don't understand