Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Illegal Immigration?

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 03:47 PM
Default RE: Illegal Immigration? Please Read

I don't think we should kick them out if they are finding a job and trying to become legal citizens...It's the ones that come up here and starts selling drugs and getting into gangs are the ones we should kick out, but you can't really tell when they sneak across the border. A man who can't get enough money to support his family and goes to america to get a job is the man who should live here. The man who comes up here to sell drugs to local gangs should be launched from a circus cannon on the border and shoot him atleast 30 miles south.

And as for the language changing...English should always be the primary language, but we are going to have to learn another language because of the diverse society we live in.

Old 03-11-2007, 03:59 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: Trav20

And as for the language changing...English should always be the primary language, but we are going to have to learn another language because of the diverse society we live in.
I completely disagree. Learning the language of people immigrating to our country does not make any sense. Look at it from this stand point. If I or you were to go to say Germany, would you expect people their to know English and have an expectation of them to conform to you? I would think not. If I were going to Germany I would use common sense and have either a book or take a class to learn German.

In my opinion, thinking that someone will conform to your language is ridiculous, not only that but it can be costly too with hiring interpretors and what not. Just my .02.

Old 03-11-2007, 04:55 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

for what it is worth i will throw in my 2 cents worth >>
I totally agree that we should not learn their language but if any aliens come to US it is their responsability to learn OUR language ..
i feel that the reason a lot of mexicans illigally come to US is # 1 for the LOVE of their family to better themselves of the way of living .. if they had a good living i am sure they would not go to a different country and # 2 because they cannot come here legally ...and # 3 ,, because if they get caught what does the US government do ??? gives them a ride in a car back to the border ,, so what do they do?? jump the fence and try again a day or 2 later , at this rate they might try numerous times untill they finally make it in to stay .... I think there should be strickter laws if someone is caught illigally ..and not just a nice car ride back

having said that if i were on the same shoes as some of these people and i thought that i could better my family's way of living i would do it as well,, family ALWAYS comes first ..
Now the thing that REALLY upsets me , is the fact that they come over to US purposely the day when they are due have babies , and what does the US government do ?? brings them into the hospital, takes care of them and all AT NO COST TO THEM .. and what happens if you are an Americam Citizen , paying taxes ,, you get a kick in the *** unless you have insurance ,, Oh they will take you in but than they will bill you so you got to pay or the collection agency will knock on your door and your credit will be totally ruined and you might lose some of your possessions .
we have to be good Humans and take care of people in need but the US should take care of their OWN people first , WE and our kids are the ones that sacrifices our lives to defend this country and go to war ,, ask that of an illigal immigrant,,( good old U.S, government ) and see how far you get ..

Old 03-11-2007, 05:17 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

Im with 19Accord97 and deserthonda on the language thing. I wouldnt go to live in Japan and expect them to know English, I would expect that I would need to know Japanese, since IM the foreigner there.

I think that there should be a program that trades military service for citizenship. If you want legal residence in the US, you do three years in the Army, Navy, Air Force, Marines, or Coast Guard. You do your three years, you and your wife (or husband, if the wife is the one that joined) and kids get your residence. If you get kicked out for not being able to cut it or getting in trouble, well, you get to go back to your country. If you die in the service of this great country, your family gets legal residence anyway. This would bring new recruits into the military (which desperately needs more troops) and would give us more tax paying citizens. Thats my two cents.

Old 03-11-2007, 08:22 PM

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

I completely disagree. Learning the language of people immigrating to our country does not make any sense. Look at it from this stand point. If I or you were to go to say Germany, would you expect people their to know English and have an expectation of them to conform to you? I would think not. If I were going to Germany I would use common sense and have either a book or take a class to learn German.

In my opinion, thinking that someone will conform to your language is ridiculous, not only that but it can be costly too with hiring interpretors and what not. Just my .02.
Ok maybe i didn't go into much detail...it would be better to know the language of the immigrants who are primarily coming here. Im not going to learn german because there are more spanish speaking people moving here than there are germans. Might as well learn spanish anyways(common sense wise) because I doubt it if we put a 50 foot tall&wide concrete wall along the border would stop them from getting here. They are always going to find a way to get here whether they get killed in the process or not America is what they want.

Plus if you have had any history knowledge...We pretty much stole the the southern states from about texas to southern california. Don't you think they want that back. Why do you think the native americans are so pissed, because we came here killed them then took their land. This is basically what is happening to us...don't you think karma is getting back to us?

Old 03-11-2007, 08:57 PM

I tend to agree with Trav. Yeah, they are coming here and should learn our language, but the reality is they are not and it would be in our benefit to probably have a very basic understanding of their language. Have you all watched the episode of "Hogan Knows Best" where they go shopping around Miami and are having trouble communicating due to the high population of spanish speakers? I thought that was funny.

I would also like to point out to those who say illegals don't pay taxes, that in fact they do. In states like California, where we have a sales tax, they pay taxes on products they buy. Also someone also stated earlier that illegals are buying houses. So wouldn't they also being paying property taxes as well? When it comes to federal, since they are working under the table, yeah they are not paying taxes. Let's just not forget they are paying taxes at the local and state level.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:24 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I meant, If I were moving to or visiting to another country I would have no expectation of them learning or knowing English for me. Instead, I would learn their language.

Plus if you have had any history knowledge...We pretty much stole the the southern states from about texas to southern california. Don't you think they want that back. Why do you think the native americans are so pissed, because we came here killed them then took their land. This is basically what is happening to us...don't you think karma is getting back to us?
So basically your saying our ancestors should never have left England to come here? If you say that about the Indians, and the Spanish well then the whole world is practically living on land that was never theirs in the first place. Everyone moved, and fought wars to gain land, so in saying that....then most everyone is technically living on land that is not technically theirs.But another thing is that our ancestors did what they did. We had no part in it, what they did is done. Simple as that.
I know what our ancestors did wasnt exactly fair or moral, but how did we have any part in that? We couldnt have changed that.

Also, if you think its okay that people come into this country illegally and break laws, then shouldnt it be ok for someone to murder someone else? Breaking a law is breaking a law. Laws are what our country is based upon, its how we survive.

They arent coming back because the land was theirs, they are coming back for America. I would much rather pay more for fruit and veggies than for their medical treatments and schooling. Thats ridiculous, they are stealing money from people of Medicare and from American citizens who pay for those programs. Why pay for people who shouldnt be here in the first place when we have true American citizens starving and even homeless? Besides, before this mass parade of illegals, there has always been someone to pick fruit, correct?

As for poor Mexico...come on. If you did some research you would discover it is possibly the most wimpy and hippocritical countries in the world. Heres Why:
-They complain about the U.S putting up a wall:
--Mexico has one of the most heavily armed borders in this hemisphere. They have military gaurding their southern border to keep the Guatamalans and many more out. Plus, they have tons of reports of killing and beating people. But yet it is totally in humane if we do it. Ridiculous....

-Mexico claims they are finacially unable to have a strong economy:
--Uh, maybe because Mexico doesnt tax the rich. Instead of bucking up, they choose the easy way out; let America deal with them and pay for their healthcare and education. They dont try to do anything about it. The people of Mexico should unite, protest, and try to create a government of their own to their liking.

-The Mexican president promotes crossing into the U.S illegally and has actually made pamphlets on how to survive in the desert...but remeber, they dont want any illegal immigrants in their country.

Old 03-11-2007, 09:59 PM

I see where you are coming from but I don't agree with you when you say that coming here illegally is like murder. I don't have a problem with us moving here...I have a problem with us killing the native americans to gain ground. We should have lived with them instead of killing them. Living with us isn't killing us. I think if they really want to live here then so be it. We can't change the fact they are moving here. If you didn't already know that there are jobs that most of us wouldn't want to do but the people moving here take that job like it is the only job on the planet. I think it is stupid for us to say they are hypocritical...when you are buying something-you want the least expensive product and when you are selling something-you want the most money you can get out of it...all of us are hypocrites. The mexican government is really financially in the dumps...my dad used to do business with mexico with a company called ditch witch. He would travel there every 2 weeks, and he would tell us how bad it is there. Not all countries are like America.

Some people don't realize mexicans don't have it as good as us but we complain that they jump the border to live a better life. If we keep sending these people back we could possibly have another war on our hands...and we don't want another war...believe me. (how does that sound though-Mexican-American War II or MAWII)

Old 03-11-2007, 10:22 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

I agree with you on this language..when I went to Viet nam I took it upon my self to learn Vietnamese or I wouldn't be getting any...of what I wanted so I learned it enough to get what I wanted and what I needed ...

WheelBrokerAng [sm=smokin.gif]

Old 03-11-2007, 10:48 PM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered

If we keep sending these people back we could possibly have another war on our hands...and we don't want another war...believe me. (how does that sound though-Mexican-American War II or MAWII)
Are you scared of the Mexicans lol? The only country that could even hope to touch us (in conventional warfare, disregarding nukes) is China, and thats only because they have so damn many troops. I think we could run through Mexico in about a month, tops.

Quick Reply: Illegal Immigration?