Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Illegal Immigration?

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 09:51 PM
Default RE: Illegal Immigration? Please Read

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

Hispanic groups and the ACLU sued, contending the measures are unconstitutional.
that line right there makes me laugh.... the people who are acting against our laws are the very same ones trying to get refuge under it??? This is like saying landlords and employeers should rent to and give jobs to people who are activly and openly selling pot... they are breaking the law by doing it but to deny them employment or housing because of it is unconstitutional? you've got to be kidding me....

Old 03-12-2007, 10:12 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

ORIGINAL: 19Accord97

Hispanic groups and the ACLU sued, contending the measures are unconstitutional.
that line right there makes me laugh.... the people who are acting against our laws are the very same ones trying to get refuge under it??? This is like saying landlords and employeers should rent to and give jobs to people who are activly and openly selling pot... they are breaking the law by doing it but to deny them employment or housing because of it is unconstitutional? you've got to be kidding me....
I whole heartedly agree! That makes me just mad.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:07 PM

OK that part above this just pissed me off. How ignorant do you have to be to think the hispanic groups are illegal...if that is what you meant. I just want to know how many of you think it is really necessary that this issue issoooo important? All it is is something to get your mind off of what we are doing in the middle east...CNN does it all the time and I'm pretty sure they have been coming here for ages, it just so happens that it is a strong issue when bush becomes president. Did he find mexican squatters on his ranch in Texas and is so pissed he has been going there off and on every other month to get them outa there? Why doesn't he get Cheney to "accidentally shoot them"? Or is he making booby traps on his ranch filled with land mines, but sometimes his livestock falls into one and he has to dispose of the carcass(that could be why he goes down there all the time too)?I'm truely sry for those questions, they were just funny thoughts floating in my air filled head.

ORIGINAL: marbro

ORIGINAL: ckebottle

Just curious. People seem to be saying crminals get through, and i'm sure they do, but does anyone have a statistic of what percentage of illegal immigrants are criminals?
lol based on asking this question 100% cause they are breaking the law already ^_-

and Trav, the thing is, theres one huge way to get into america legally and it also involve becoming a citizen..... they can join the military..... if you have to define a better life by breaking laws then you cant really say you want to be apart of the society that helps you get that better life....... besides.... you break laws to have fun, not have a better life lol
I'm sure becoming a citizen involves money...money they may not have.

Picture this(it may not be a good way to compare but here it goes)...you are poor and you can't get any food because you are poor and can't afford it. Well one day you are walking by an open food market on the street...do you steal a couple of apples and oranges to get by or do you just walk by like your not hungry?

Old 03-12-2007, 11:14 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Neither, you either steal someones identity, use welfare thats not rightfully yours, or steal something else and pawn it, like most of the illegals.

Old 03-12-2007, 11:29 PM

but without going through all the trouble of all that wouldn't it be easier to steal/jump the oranges/border when you are so close to it?

Old 03-12-2007, 11:39 PM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: Trav20

but without going through all the trouble of all that wouldn't it be easier to steal/jump the oranges/border when you are so close to it?
Hey Trav20, I think that this is actually happening already at the border..

WheelBrokerAng [:'(]

Old 03-13-2007, 12:33 AM

Thats my point but you guys dont get it...the people who go through are criminals or can't pay for citizenship...the honest ones go through that stuff...and how often do you find that???

You find a wallet with 100$ in it...most people will return it if it has a driver's license but theres not any money in it...hrmm...The few who return it with the money still in it are the ones applying for citizenship. The others are jumpin that fence right now...i may continue this later i gotta go to town.

Old 03-13-2007, 10:06 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I dont know how much it costs to get citizenship, but i do know theres a very long line of people that are actively trying to become citizens. People of all nations who are doing what the law requires them to just to live in this country, now tell me, is it right for millions of people to cut in that line just cause they immigrated illegally? Mind you the people actively trying to get citizenship arent by any means rich or middleclass wealthy. And why is there a very long line? because parts of america are too over populated and the sad thing is, its not over populated purely because of american citizens.
And you talk about should a person walk though an open food market like they arent hungry or should they steal it, all i have to say is, the jobs are there, jobs that arent difficult and jobs that dont require that you spend $1000's of or even $100's of dollars on cloths, you just have to show up, actually work, and some of those jobs require that you bathe once and a while.
But hey, one thing that i can say is good, if an illegal immigrant steals your identity to get a job and they get caught, your bad credit is wiped clean ^_-

But in the end that doesnt matter, what were talking about is a country of people invading our country, in the end its good for them if they want a better life, but you know what, when my car gets demolished because an illegal immigrant isnt paying attention while driving, I kinda get unhappy about it, cause oddly enough they disappear and no one can find them for the insurance claim. New Mexico sucks..... only place you have to pay over 2k a year in car insurance on a 93 saturn sl1. So if you say i have a biased opinion, well i do, its cause people are effected by illegal immigration what happened to me was small, but they have been feeding off our tax dollars cause everyone things they have rights by being here even though its illegally.

Old 03-13-2007, 02:00 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Illegal immigartion is a burden on our society.........it pretty much tells everyone that it is OK to break the law.

1. They came here illegally hence the term ILLEGAL IMMIGRATION
2. They are a BURDEN on our health care system
3. They undercut job wages
4. They came here ILLEGALLY
5. They have no desire to learn our language and adapt to our culture
6. They came here ILLEGALLY
7. They allow for less legal immigration since the DOJcuts back on the # of legal immigrants to offset the # of ILLEGALS
8. They have a higher crime per capita than normal legal immigrants
9. They came here ILLEGALLY
10. They are causing English to become a second lanuage in this country.
That tax argument is BS since it costs our country way more to take care of them than what they produce for this country.......

Old 03-13-2007, 04:08 PM

ORIGINAL: Trav20

OK that part above this just pissed me off. How ignorant do you have to be to think the hispanic groups are illegal...if that is what you meant. I just want to know how many of you think it is really necessary that this issue issoooo important? All it is is something to get your mind off of what we are doing in the middle east...CNN does it all the time and I'm pretty sure they have been coming here for ages, it just so happens that it is a strong issue when bush becomes president. Did he find mexican squatters on his ranch in Texas and is so pissed he has been going there off and on every other month to get them outa there? Why doesn't he get Cheney to "accidentally shoot them"? Or is he making booby traps on his ranch filled with land mines, but sometimes his livestock falls into one and he has to dispose of the carcass(that could be why he goes down there all the time too)?I'm truely sry for those questions, they were just funny thoughts floating in my air filled head.
If you were referring to my comment I should probably have clarified. I was only talking about illegal immigrants. Not hispanics in general. The big issue here is that it is hurting our economy more than it's helping it. There are other ways to go about correcting this issue, and no matter which side you're on I'm sure everyone agrees that it's a problem, things need to be fixed. As deserthonda and I stated being family men I would be an illegal immigrant if I knew that it could/would help my family. I'm not faulting them for doing it because you know I would but that doesn't mean it's right or it's legal. All I'm calling for is)
1. harsher punishment for those who do it illegally
2. Easier/cheaper application process
3. Required to learn english
4. A work program that allows them to go back and forth for work on a designated transport system
5. No citizenship for children born in the U.S. to Illegal's.

Quick Reply: Illegal Immigration?