Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Just bought 2013 Accord EX

Old 01-08-2014, 06:23 AM
Newest Of Newbies

Here is my first update. The V6 is a great engine so far. Average milage over the 7000 miles is 28 including highway and city combined. This is about the same as my Jetta GLI and the Honda runs on gatorade! The auto headlight sensor is always confused and sometimes stays on in bright sunlight. The dealer says it is working properly. The firm ride is exactly to my liking. I have always driven sports cars of some kind and this sedan feels smaller than it really is.The ride is smooth enough on the highway for me. If you want soft, get a Toyota(the Camary felt like a Buick)! The drivers floor mat is wearing badly. Drivers windshield wiper streaks even after insert replacement. I think the plastic blade design is a fault and will switch to Bosh soon. K$N has just released a filter cartridge for the car and I plan to order one. It may help the engine run smoother on the 3 cylinders in traffic. The tractor like feel is amusing. I am still very happy with my purchase although the led headlights that are standard for 2014 would be nice. I do miss the HID from the last car.

Old 09-23-2014, 08:37 PM

I find the Economy button makes my accords engine and trans behave like a 2012 accord but when it is OFF the car suddenly comes to life and is fun to drive on the " twisty bits"
though it may use a bit more gas but if you don't want performance use the economy button you will get better mpg.

Old 09-24-2014, 06:55 PM

Originally Posted by tckarman
I find the Economy button makes my accords engine and trans behave like a 2012 accord but when it is OFF the car suddenly comes to life and is fun to drive on the " twisty bits"
though it may use a bit more gas but if you don't want performance use the economy button you will get better mpg.

I had the same problem with the Econ button, until a neighbor told me that in his car (another brand) the purpose of that button is for when you run in highways, not so when you drive in the city.

I tried it in highways going to New York back and forth, and probably is my imagination because the words of my neighbor, but it appears that I save some gasoline when I make the long trips using the Econ button.

On the other hand, at low speeds (city driving) the Econ button bothers a lot, everything that works in the vehicle appears to cause a retard or push harder than normal.

Old 10-04-2014, 12:00 AM

Hello;

What 2013 model do you have Ex, Lx, or Ex-L? cloth or leather? The gas for mileage depends also on which altima you had 2.5 SV or the 3.5 SV? all of these things matter my parents also have a 2013 Accord Ex-L V6