Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Just had to vent

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2007, 02:19 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Just had to vent

hmmmm ...... I guess the camera doesn't need to be hidden normally?!? Tripod?!?

Is it a nice camera or nice movies

[sm=icon_rock.gif][sm=smiley35.gif]

Good pick-up SN!!! LOL

Old 09-13-2007, 12:42 PM

Well, the service guy came today and I needed no video camera to remember how to disassemble certain parts of the fridge.

He did as he said - he "changed everything".

Imagine our surprise when we plugged in the fridge and that fancy new computer board failed instantly.

Heput the old board back in there, toldus that he would order another, and left.

To me, this does not bode well for the future of our fancy, great-looking fridge.

Old 09-13-2007, 12:53 PM

Did you let the fridge sit still and upright for a few hours after delivery?
I have heard that during delivery the compressor oil gets redistributed and needs time to drain back to the pump or motor/compressor
damage could occur.
Also loading a hot fridge with food prevents it from cooling fast enough to stop food from thawing. Try letting the fridge sit empty and turned on for a day before filling it up.
Good luck!

edit-just saw the last post-frickin' computers! why does a fridge need a dang computer? ridiculous.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:41 PM

Finally, after waiting since Sept 4 for a new computer board, the service guy came by today and installed the new control board. Right now it still appears to be working OK, so we're keeping our fingers crossed.

Luckily, in our case the initialproblem withthe fridge did not re-occur, so it was not that big a deal that finally getting the board replaced took so bloddy long, but I cannot imagine what we would have done if we had been without the fridge Sept 4 to Oct 2. I know one thing - I would have been on the phone to the big-box vendor every single day until it was resolved one way or another.

This whole thing does not make us feel very secure with our new appliance.

Old 10-02-2007, 01:49 PM

Glad it's working at least but I know what you mean about feeling uneasy about it.... Have you tried contacting the manufacturer directly to ask them if this is a common issue and if they will extend the warranty coverage on those parts? I'd be curious to see what their policy and turn-around time is SUPPOSED to be on repairs.... I can't imagine any company deeming a 1 month turn-around an acceptable amount of time.

Old 10-03-2007, 12:41 PM

Maybe theres a dark cloud following you? my family has been getting new appliances left and right and all of them work great....... granted the washer after 4 years had the lid button die, but thats minor

Old 10-03-2007, 02:56 PM

The light bulb thing doesn't ring true. Bigger filaments put out more light at the expense of using more energy and vice versa. Most bulbs burn out because they are manufactured cheap and the gas they pressurize the bulbs with leaks out over time. You can burn filaments hotter in higher pressures. But yes, I agree, manufactures make things to fail causing the consumer to pay an arm and a leg to maintain it. I love Honda.