Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

WAS Looking to buy a 2013 Accord, BUT...

Search this Thread

Old 02-25-2013, 05:38 AM

I now have about 1700 miles on my 2013 Sport. I don not like the road noise!

I am hoping it is a simple matter of getting quieter tires when the Michelin MXV4's wear out. But I think my tire choices will be limited with 18" wheels.

The car is real good looking, plenty of power, handles great, and gets great MPG but the tire noise is driving me nuts.

Old 02-25-2013, 06:10 AM
Super Moderator

Originally Posted by Schoeney
I now have about 1700 miles on my 2013 Sport. I don not like the road noise!

I am hoping it is a simple matter of getting quieter tires when the Michelin MXV4's wear out. But I think my tire choices will be limited with 18" wheels.

The car is real good looking, plenty of power, handles great, and gets great MPG but the tire noise is driving me nuts.
I'm not sure what you mean your choices will be limited due to the 18" wheels on your car. Per the Tirerack.com web site, there are no fewer than 49 different tires available in the 235/45 R18 size; 17 Summer/Performance types, 7 Winter types, and 25 All-Season types. Sounds like a pretty good selection to me.

Old 02-26-2013, 02:57 PM

I purchased 2013 Accord EX-L $35000 four months ago and trading it in next year. All sorts of problems: Acceleration poor for six cylinder, connection problem with Bluetooth, sometime buzzing sound from audio have to shut off car to get rid of it. Navigation does not allow you to change destination when driving, vibration noise from under the car and during acceleration, noisy. It down shifts very hard as if you were braking. The screen for the audio is poorly utilized, could do better with the layout of artist, song etc. Before this I owned a 2008 Odyssey Touring also turned it in squeaky panel, poor handling, noisy, etc. I'll never purchase a Honda again. SAVE YOU MONEY!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-23-2013, 11:32 AM

Originally Posted by shipo
Sorry, I've got to tell you that the odds are decidedly against you being correct. Why? Because if you were correct, the insurance companies providing the warranties would be losing huge amounts of money and they would either discontinue providing such warranties, or they would dramatically raise the price. The fact is, the actuarial data doesn't lie, and said actuarial data says the insurance companies will make money, lots of money, off the suckers who buy the warranties.
I agree-simply a scam and added profit for the dealership. Once you get into finance they will waste your time trying to talk you into the extended warranty(if you decide to purchase it-the finance manager get's a big BONUS). The salesmen also get an added commission if they can talk you into it before you get to finance! I know-car sales for 8 years after retiring from the military. We would be ridiculed/chastised at sales meetings if we failed to sell our "quota" of extended warranties! Again-pure profit for the dealership!

Last edited by tedrik; 03-23-2013 at 11:34 AM. Reason: spelling
Old 03-24-2013, 07:33 PM
Newest Of Newbies

The more bells and whistles on it, the more can go wrong with it. We're new to Honda and just bought our '09 Accord, but that's generally how I feel about any vehicle.

Old 03-25-2013, 12:47 AM

I have 1300 miles on my '13 LX and still love it. No issues with Bluetooth or anything else so far. I'm loving my car. I leave the Eco mode on and get around 35 MPG driving mostly highway. Having had an assortment of accords of all flavors ('85 Lx, '99 lx sedan, '99 ex coupe v6, now '13 lx) this is by far my favorite. I got a deal on it to $23,000 out the door. For everyone with the tech issues, honda has a fix for it they say in the form of a flash for the computer.

Old 03-25-2013, 05:10 AM
Newest Of Newbies

I only have just over 300 miles on my car and so far I love it. Feels like it has plenty of power, no problems running flawless as of now.

Old 03-29-2013, 11:22 AM

2013 Honda Accord Dislikes
Internal hard drive – Can only copy original music cds, you cannot copy any media files. This is terrible because most people purchase their music online so you do not have the original disc. The internal hard drive becomes useless.

Navigation, when you set a destination and start driving the only way to change it is by voice command, which almost never understands what you say. You have to stop the car in order to change it manually. Imagine being on the highway and you have to get off just to set your destination. This also makes your co-pilot useless.

7” screen – Poor music information layout artist, song title and album are laid out in such a way that some of the information is cut off and displays a word at a time. They could have utilized the screen better by putting information on separate lines.

Road, engine, transmission under body noise and vibrations.

AHA app very slow to load information and icons sometime freezes up and sometimes you have to turn the car off to reset it.

Sometimes when starting the car I get whining/buzzing sound coming from the speakers and you cannot adjust the volume. Again have to turn off the car and start it again. Sometime have to do it couple of times to get rid of noise.

Also when playing music from the flash drive it’s very slow to display music list. Sometimes when playing songs if you change between songs/folders the system hangs and you cannot lower the volume. Again you have to turn the car off to reset it. If you happen to be on the highway and select a song with very high volume it’s very dangerous since you cannot lower it and have to get to an exit to turn the car off.

Passenger’s wiper wipes everything to the middle of the driver view, very poor design.

It downshifts as I coast (ie release the gas)in city traffic and forces an engine "brake" at 30 mph and 15 mph. I don’t like the feels especially when driving on snowy/icy days.

The fact that the car switches between 3 and 6 cylinders it make the car feel sluggish you have to step on the gas pedal very hard to get the 6 cylinders going.

When receiving calls it displays incorrect caller ID. It randomly selects someone from my contacts.

I know most of it is for safety reasons but come on it let you select and set other options which are just as distracting.

Old 04-03-2013, 11:53 PM

I've got my 2013 EX-L V6 accord non navi. 2 months 900 miles. No problems, chicks in it and loving it.

Old 05-15-2013, 08:02 PM

I have somewhere over 2000 miles on my 2013 EX I4 CVT and love it. More than enough power and the fuel economy is great. So far with a mix of city and highway miles my average is over 30MPG. Best highway so far is 41 MPG on a 50 mile trip. It spends most of its time in Econo mode. No issues.