Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

MY 2013 Accord EX-L V6 Ownership Experience Update

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2013, 12:16 PM
Default MY 2013 Accord EX-L V6 Ownership Experience Update

Hello,

I was not sure where to post this, and seeing this is the forum for our cars, and many have had less than pleasant experiences so far, I just feel I need to share mine.

I bought a pretty early production 2013 EX-L V6 coupe with Navi (automatic) back in November. At the time, I needed to replace a car that had been stolen and could not wait for a non Navi car, and in all of South Florida, this was the only one in the Modern Steel Metallic that was EX-L and V6 with automatic. I would have loved the manual, but I sit in to much stop and go traffic, and that becomes tiring.

Other than the Horrendous audio system sound quality, I really do not have any other complaints about this car. In fact, in the way it rides and handles, it has surpassed my expectations. I was expecting the coupe to be somewhat sedate, and its actually quite fun to drive. My father has a 2010 Acura TL and I was expecting this car to ride and drive quite similar, but in fact its more sporty feeling and the engine is more responsive (if with a louder bark).

I did have some of the audio system quirks in the beginning, but have not had any since the firmware upgrade. That upgrade seemed to improve the sound quality of bluetooth streaming sources, but not much else, and overall remains poor. Its the biggest dissapointment I have with this car.

Other than the audio, I have not had any other major issues. I did have the external trunk release button go bad which was replaced. Otherwise, everything works for the most part as it should.

I am overall pleased with the performance / fuel economy tradeoff. On the highway I get a consistent 29-30 mpg at 75-80 mph. I have gotten as much as 33mpg staying below 70. The car is also as quick as advertised. I did a 14.0 in the 1/4 mile.

I upgraded my wheels to the 19" HFP wheels with Michelin Pilot Super Sports. The ride quality did not change, but the handling improved a little as these tires offer great grip (at the expense of wear).

I have had no other issues with the car, no drivetrain or electronics issues. I just remain continuously dissapointed with the sound quality of the audio system. I am patiently waiting to see if Honda comes out with some sort of improvement to the 2014 models or even our current 2013's before I spend a few thousand to upgrade the system.

Old 05-15-2013, 05:59 PM
Super Moderator

Thank you for the update

Got any pic's of the ride?

Old 05-17-2013, 02:11 PM

Here she is:

Attached Thumbnails MY 2013 Accord EX-L V6 Ownership Experience Update-imag0012.jpg  
Old 11-17-2013, 03:12 PM

I have one of the later 2013's. And i feel the same as you. The sound system is not up to the standards as the rest of the car. Specifically the bass. I think there is going to be a factory upgrade, but if not im getting a new system. The only other thing that i dont like is the pandora. It is annoying that it has to be running on your phone to work. But all in all i love the car.

Old 11-17-2013, 03:15 PM

This is my car

Attached Thumbnails MY 2013 Accord EX-L V6 Ownership Experience Update-img_8114.jpg