Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

New Accord Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2007, 05:40 PM
MyzO
Unregistered
Default New Accord Forum

Hi, I'd just like to welcome you all to a new forum i have been working on. we got ride of the month. gallerys, live chat. etc.. etc... we are new though so im currently trying to get some more members. so please stop by and join the community

http://s6.invisionfree.com/RedLinePerformance/

Thank you for your time.

Old 03-10-2007, 05:48 PM
Default RE: New Accord Forum

Good luck with your forum. I love this site and see no reason to join another one but
others might disagree. I consider this my home for Honda Accord information.

Old 03-10-2007, 06:13 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

ORIGINAL: MyzO

Hi, I'd just like to welcome you all to a new forum i have been working on. we got ride of the month. gallerys, live chat. etc.. etc... we are new though so im currently trying to get some more members. so please stop by and join the community

Thank you for your time.
first off i want to wish you nothing but the best and hope that you will have a successful forum..
..I have to tip my hat off to mrmookie for the reply that he gave you and his loyalty to HAF ,,
If your forum is informative ,well organized, properly run, show respect among all the members members will join ,,( i have seen forums where admin and mods abuse their power and putting members down and calling them nasty names ) ,, ,,,, ,, it will take some time and you have to be patient , no need to go to other forums just to recruit members .( not nice ) ..

And also by the way, if you want to use any of our information from the DIY section, you are welcome to do so , At 1 condition,,, that you put a link to our forum ( HAF ) where the information came from .( NO COPY and PASTE ) that would highly irritate and disappoint me.

by the way i see that you seek Administrators ,, is the pay good ?? make me an offer i cannot refuse .

seriousely ,,,, best of luck.and hope you have a successful forum.but do not do it by going to other forums and try to sway its members away .. And if you need help from us , let us know,,( again as long as you put a link to our forum )
lot of good people here ..I feel that the main thing in all of this, is to help people in need ,,

Gianni,,

Old 03-10-2007, 08:04 PM

If I operated a business, I know I'd be pretty pissed if someone came into myestablishment, bought a pack of gum,andannouuced toall of my customers thathe had just opened a great place right next doorthat was just like mine - and maybe even better.

But even disregarding that, first of all, IMO, the subject of thisthread is one more suitedto the "Off Topic" forum, and not a "General Technical" forum. (Of course this was proably also understood by the poster, but he probably correctly decided that this fourm would get more "traffic", and, what the HeII, what's a minor faux pas when you've already made The Big One.)

Also, although links to other forums occur fairly frequentlyon this site (in orderto give readersmoreplaces to seekeven more information), I think it is quite another matter to useanother person'ssite to essentially advertise for it's members to join another - another that just happens to be his own.

Of course it may very well be advantageous to be a member of several forums that deal with the same thing, but I still think it's rather crudeand obviouslyrude to, for example,"welcome", rather than "invite", the members of this forum to join another one - especiallywhen it's the one and only post thatthis site's"new member" has submitted. One can only conclude that this person "joined" this site for the sole purpose of postingwhat can only be understood as anadvertisement for his own.

There's socially-acceptable ways to do things, and then there's not-sociably-acceptable ways to do things. If this were my site, I'd be playing Darwin and deleting the unacceptable mutationsuntil an acceptable one evolved.

Old 03-10-2007, 08:34 PM

Tony , I know why he joined and why he put it in the gen tech help and you are absolutely correct ,, more members frequent here and can see that ,, I am sure this is not the only or last forum that he will pull this stunt on.. It is not a nice way to go about it just to recruit any members ,,And no need to be upset ,, trust me if people are happy here ,they will stick around just like MRMOOKIE told him. and if not they will go to other forums ,,,,.people are going to be searching for a place that can give them the fastet reply ,,I am sure a lot of our members,are members of other forums as well .
I was also thinking about deleting the link to his site but then i tought that people have the right to choose where they want to be ,,...

what do you guys think ?? let's have some opinions ...,
also what about the invitation i gave him to use our DIY section as long as he puts a link to our forum ??( I hope the Administrator will not chew up my butt ),, but I tought it would give us some more exposure as well to other forums ... ,,please input your opinions ...

Old 03-10-2007, 09:11 PM

I think whatever brings MORE visitors, MORE members, and, most importantly, MORE technical postings, is good for this site and its members, and whatever does the opposite is bad.

I think if this new site posts links to any of our forums, I thinkthat would be just fine. However, considering the wayour "new member" has behaved on his first visit, I think expecting more collegial, uprightbahavior from him in the future, on his own site,may be a bit of wishful thinking.

You're certainly THE single most influential member of this forum, so whatever you decide, I'm happy with it. A little voice tells me that youmight be monitoring that site in the future, so I'm not too worried about outright plagiarism(if there even issuch a thing on the internet).

Old 03-10-2007, 09:40 PM

Now that I re-read that first post - especially the "Thank you for your time" comment that ends it - I doubt very much that we'llever see hide nor hair of him again. His is likely a "one night stand". So heprobably willnever read what we have postedin reply tohis.

Maybe I'm all wrong, but if I'm not, we can all"return thewelcome" on his site. Should that happen, I have no doubt that he'llusehis delete button with no hesitation.

Old 03-10-2007, 11:02 PM
Super Moderator

I post on more than one board. I know others here do too. I don't think there's anything wrong with that. Different sites have different strong & weakpoints. That one will succeed or fail based on how it's handled.

I was 'invited' to come check out THIS forum, & that was cool. When I get busy & have less time to screw around on the computer, I tend to come here & slack off the others. Well, maybe Saabnet is equally a favorite of mine...

Old 03-11-2007, 03:35 AM

ORIGINAL: JimBlake

I was 'invited' to come check out THIS forum, & that was cool.
That is true ,, I used to go a lot and help at another forum ,,till i found this,, when i was made moderator i asked a few members of that forum ,,( that if they had time,to come and visit our forum and that their suggestions and opinions would be appreciated ) But what i did ,, I wrote them a private message and only asked a handfull of people whose technical knowledge I highly respected . . Only a few took me up on the invitation and they have made this a more informative forum because of their knowledge and willingness to help ,, Jim Blake was one, as was Hondadude ,yeuemmaimai, and chiovnica ,,, .
there is nothing wrong to belong to different forums , members will choose the one that they are more comfortable in and which provides the fastest, accurate reply to their dilemma,,,as a matter of fact it is a good idea to share infos , it makes it easier to help forum members and after all, isn't it what this is all about ,,helping people in need ..?
Now going to another forum and openly writing a post asking any and all members to join his forum is a different story.

Old 03-11-2007, 04:02 AM
Administrator

Hi Guys and Gals:
This forum the HAF was started by a few of us guys from other forums kinda like he's going to be doing.
I will be keeping a watch on his postings and I will be going into his site which by the way I already have.

If he links his site into into ours and Also Links Our Site into His Site ...then this will be a fair idea..good business follows other good business around.
He will gain people from all other Honda sites all over the WWW just like we do also. Desert made him a great offer that the man couldn't refuse, so I would guess that he will take him up on that offer.

All of you regulars Love the way this forum is keep almost argue free and Foul Mouth Free..and I believe that is why we have such a Strong Forum with Strong Members..

I want to Thank All of you Members who have posted about this already..You guys (gals) are the best...

That's why we have the best DAMM ...sorry! forum on the Web.

WheelBrokerAng [sm=americanasmiley.gif]

Quick Reply: New Accord Forum