Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

New Accord Forum

Search this Thread

Old 03-11-2007, 04:22 AM
poser_pilot6
Unregistered
Default RE: New Accord Forum

I personally found the HAF because I was looking for instructions on how to clean my EGR ports. I didnt think it would become the addiction it has for me (and I mean that in a totally good way). I love the atmosphere, I love the characters here, I love the knowledge I have gained from being a member of this site, I love how anytime I have a question, there are so many knowledgeable people here that can and will answer it. Just to name a few, Desert, JimBlake, Sir_Nasty, and my friend Angelo have helped me out more than once. I dont belong to any other car forums, this is the only one I need. If Myz0 wants to spread the word about his new forum, good for him. I highly doubt that anyone is going to stop posting on this forum in favor of another. The mechanical help on this forum is better than any I have ever seen.

Old 03-11-2007, 04:56 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

I was irritated too when I began to read this but I can see why he did it. A website that helps people is always a good thing and I as well wish MyzO luck.

But in my opinion, I think that this is seriously such a great site that not to many will leave. I have not found a better Accord forum, or any other forum for a matter of fact that is better than this. HAF is a great place that actually has respect, mature people, and people willing to help all the time. For example, I joined a forum for people with cars in my area and as I began browsing I instantly became offended when they has a post of "Post the rice" in which people had taken pictures of cars in my area and began making fun of them. Had I seen my car on there I would have been quite offended and would have felt pretty bad considering some people have called it ricey. Not only that, but the language is over the top as well. I'm only 17 (soon to be 18) and would much rather have this as a mature place. Sure, having some smack talk is fine (most everyone does it, including myself), but it should be in a more suitable environment.

I didnt think it would become the addiction it has for me (and I mean that in a totally good way).
Same Here!!!! I check it everyday, and it has given me tons of information that I would have never known.

And I too would like to thank all the members, especially (but not only) such as sir_natsy, deserthonda, WheelBrokerAng, Slusher, Poser_Pilot06, Mabro, lightshow (wherever you've gone), and everyone else who has provided help to all of us members. Thank YOU for helping me, and everyone else out

Old 03-11-2007, 05:19 AM

Hands dowm HAF has been a great forum to attend... I am new here and I dont get enough... I dont post everyday but I cant stay away... Chech it everyday... and even though I dont approve of the tactic's used to get people to join that forum... They way this whole matter is being handled by everyone from the ADMIN to the members only shows why this thread is still up... We aint going no where!!!!![8D][8D][8D][8D][8D][8D]

Old 03-11-2007, 07:13 AM
MyzO
Unregistered

i have to say i am impressed, and i had thought this thread would be deleted as soon as viewed by an admin. and so for your generousity i now truely am sorry.

and i for one will be more then happy to post a link to this forum on mine, truely a great bunch here. i will also remain here and try to help ppl out, i dont know much about accords, im more of an integra civic guy but i do know a little and will do what ever i can to give someone an answer

if anyone could give me some helpful information on how to advertisemy forumthe right way. like how i found yours using a google search term "honda accord forum" that would be greatly appreciated.

im about to go to bed but after reading ya'alls replies i couldnt just go to bed i had to reply and i'd just like to say thank you again and that im sorry.

Old 03-11-2007, 12:26 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Yp Myzo..
Yes it is a very good bunch of people here , best i have found in any other forums i have been a member of .

.I appreciate the offer that you will be trying to help out ..and another thing ,,,I know that since you are starting out you need adm and mods,, but a word of advice for what is worth.. don't just get the first , joe, dick and jerry that volunteers to be an admin or a mod ....it is very critical to get the right people to make a forum run properly and effectvily ..
again ,, best of luck..

Old 03-11-2007, 08:54 PM

Hello!, it's been awhile since I've posted, but I digress. I think that as long as there is an understanding between forums/Admin's, then it's good.

StevePhy

Old 03-12-2007, 06:07 AM
Banned

I sold my Accord last September, but still visit. I must admit it is only the Off Topic section I look at now. The UK spec cars seemed a bit different so the techy sections were not all that useful for me.

Here I am Accordless (and missing it now) and still visiting. Excellent site ran and used by excellent people, keep up the good work.

PS I used to visit a well known honda-acura website but when I found this I never went back

Old 03-12-2007, 03:13 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

I've been a part of many different forums, even a moderator on my clans forum. This is by far the most mature, helpful, and just all around best forum. We have the best admins, mods, and members. We may not be the most active bunch, but hell we git r done!

Old 03-19-2007, 01:57 AM

i love this site it might not have everything but it sure does have alot

one more thing admins get paid?