Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Newer Accord Questions

Search this Thread

Old 03-21-2015, 12:49 AM
Default Newer Accord Questions

Thanks fellas! Poorman, you're exactly right about the car and quiet on posts Quiet but my friends such as you, never forgotten! The car has been running great and made it through the record cold northeast temps. She now has 220 and a half on her and runs like a beast. I actually just pulled my best MPG ever in her on a trip from PA to Albany, NY. Got 29.4 mpg. Last year in the spring and summer I put new tires on her and a nice new Bosal exhaust, from cat to muffler.

The brake line was in pretty bad condition. Wish I would have looked at her before it sprung a leak. I was going to tackle the job myself BUT my dads neighbor is a 35 year Toyota tech and has the machine to bend new 3/16" line and fix both hard lines for me for a whopping $60 lol. So I said to myself by the time I go to the junkyard and gas and pay for the used lines I can let this guy do it. This will be the first time since I have owned her in 42K miles that I let someone else touch her privates lol. But I know he'll treat her good.

Keep in touch Poorman. By the way I am going to sell this girl. What does everyone think its worth? The body is in fair condition, got a lil rear fender rust. Interior is meh (3 out of 10) Not ripped just worn, stained, just not awesome. I got the car like that, it was ripped apart once or twice and never put back together with care by the previous owner(s). Motor has 160Kish and rest of car has 220,500. New tires, new exhaust, runs like a champ. A/c blows cold as a sob. Only leak is the main rear seal.

I want to get a nicer 5 speed 94-97 Accord. How much with let's saw 130K going to run me and does anyone know of any??

Last edited by poorman212; 03-21-2015 at 06:23 AM.
Old 03-21-2015, 06:30 AM
Super Moderator

I made this into a new thread.

The pirce is going to depend on where you are.

Around here your Accord would be at least in the ~$2,500. They seem to to be proud of cars around here for some reason

If you are looking for a 5 speed Accord - finding a good 5th gen is porb going to be a bit hard....they are getting up there in age. You might think about adding the 6th gen (98-02) to your search for a 5 speed.