Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

o8 accord coupe

Search this Thread

Old 09-09-2007, 07:05 PM
Default o8 accord coupe

Hello all, first run on this forum. I am evaluating the 08 Nissan and the Honda for my wife, as my SRT jeep is just to much for her and I am not giving it up. She wants a coupe-so OK. Now I have seen the Nissan and while it is nice I'm not that overall impressed, If one bought it in white (not me) it be hard to tell the diff between it and an egg. I did stop and get the lit on the Honda and got out before I got nailed by sales ( not easy to do). Anyway a couple of questions I'm sure you know the answers too. Number one is there a backup camera with the nav. system as the lit does not say that I can find.? Number two is on the exhaust system, are the duels for real or are like the Nissan, two pipes look better then one.? And last what in the world is an exhaust catback. I know that I'm a lot older than most of you, but I have always been a car lover and as a kid we would take off the resinators and weld in straight pipe, the remove the oem mufflers and put in glasspacks. Now with all the sensors and computer controls don"t things get screwed up if you change the back pressure or anything like that ? thx for helping an old man.

Old 09-09-2007, 10:51 PM
Super Moderator
Default RE: o8 accord coupe

Here's an '07 coupe exhaust. Majestic doesn't have pictures of '08 yet.

As you can see, it's not a full dual exhaust. There's a single catalytic converter & front muffler. It splits into 2 near the rear axle & there's 2 rear mufflers.

A 'cat-back' exhaust system is basically what you see in the lower right part of the picture. Everything back from the catalytic converter.

Old 09-10-2007, 12:02 AM
Default RE: o8 accord coupe

THx for the reply, at least it not just a crossover pipe, I would not have expected to see a full duel system with a traverse engine.but I guess it could be done