Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

So is it safe to assume that Honda dealers typically have cameras all over the lot?

Search this Thread

Old 08-09-2012, 07:27 AM
MAX
Default So is it safe to assume that Honda dealers typically have cameras all over the lot?

I think yes?

I ask not because I'm looking to jack a vehicle but instead I was involved in a minor collision on a lot. I'm honestly not sure who's fault it was but my guess is that the insurance company will find me at fault unless some type of evidence can be provided to help my case. I'm not sure if the dealership really wants to get into their security details with me but maybe I can convince the insurance agent to look into it.

Old 08-09-2012, 12:32 PM

Well was someone at the lot driving the car you got into a collision with?? If not, it is safe to assume it's your fault since that would make the other car a parked car..

Now, if someone was driving the other car, was a honda rep or a service technician or someone that works there?? Or was it just another person coming out of the lot??

From my understanding of it, it's the first situation, in which case, it's gonna end up costing you no matter what you say.. hitting a parked car is gonna be your fault any which way you look at it..

Old 08-09-2012, 01:50 PM

well, it depends really, if the parked car was parked (incorrectly / and if on the road and was illegally parked) then you may have a case.

Old 08-09-2012, 03:03 PM
MAX

Wasn't a parked car nor was it anyone who worked at the dealership but thanks for your thoughts.

So any thoughts about cameras?

Old 08-09-2012, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by MAX
Wasn't a parked car nor was it anyone who worked at the dealership but thanks for your thoughts.

So any thoughts about cameras?
I'd assume they likely have cameras covering most of their lots.. They're not required to but typically they tend to for business insurance purposes..