Sights n Sounds Post your video clips here!

I-River and Speed Cameras

Search this Thread

Old 03-12-2007, 04:22 PM
II
Unregistered
Default I-River and Speed Cameras

I trying to investigate if it’s possible to hook up a i-river (IPOD variant) to my stereo (type-E in the manual) as I noticed that’s it’s got a AUX facility.

I’ve discovered that it’s an Alpine head unit, but that’s as far as I’ve been able to track.

Any help really appreciated

PS, Anyone found a way of getting speed cameras onto the inbuilt sat nav?

My Ride: Black Accord 2.2 I-CDTI Ex 2006, 17"x40x225

Old 03-12-2007, 05:32 PM
Default RE: I-River and Speed Cameras

I'm not super familiar with the I-River but If you look through the audio/video section you'll see quite a few posts about this.... do you just need a 1.5mm headphone jack or are you looking to control it through the stereo? If the AUX port is RCA you can easily setup a 1.5mm to RCA cable and then get clear audio through it but if you want full functionality you'll need to start looking into I-River systems specifically....

Old 03-13-2007, 08:22 AM
II
Unregistered
Default RE: I-River and Speed Cameras

Just looking to hook it up, seen a few things that involved modifying stuff, but I was looking to just purchase something and then get a "how to" on removal of head unit.

The I-River is exactly the same functionality as IPOD but with improved playback with clarity

I’m fairly competent at reading and then doing but will need the “how to” if I’m to accomplish anything…

The stereo is a Type E in the manual complete with Sat Nav

Thanks II