Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Sorry I have not been around in a while

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2008, 11:59 AM
Default Sorry I have not been around in a while

Hello all! I'm sorry I have been away for so long. As many of you know I am a Commercial P&C, Auto,and Work Comp claim adjuster. We had an extensive claimaudit a week or so ago, not to mention the huge influx of claims I have gotten recently; so I have not had a chance to get on here due to my job (Stupid Job[:@]). FYI: we passed the claim audit with flying colors.
Many of you may remember my weight loss challenge I entered at work January 7, 2008. It ended on November 14.
I lost a total of 57.1 lbs and I won $1,245
I actually won the "most pounds lost" award, and another woman beat me on the total percentage of bodyweight lost. I lost 22.67%, and she lost 22.9%. She lost a total of 34 lbs or something like that.
Anyways...all is well here in Mississippi. Just checking in to gie you guys an update and to tell you I have not fallen off the face of the earth. I am hoping work will slow down soon and I will be able to get on here more often.

Old 12-10-2008, 12:02 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Sorry I have not been around in a while

JJJJOOOOOOOOOOOOONNNNNN! We have missed you around here! How is Lucy doing? And I knew you'd win some money in that challenge, you were teasing all the women!!!

Old 12-10-2008, 12:12 PM
Super Moderator

Glad to see your back. Make sure to stop back by in the next few weeks as we will be doing the voting for the PWOTY award as well as several other awards.

Old 12-10-2008, 03:44 PM

Que pasa amigo?!?!?!

Old 12-10-2008, 07:22 PM
Super Moderator

Cheers, mate. Brilliant to have you back.

Old 12-10-2008, 07:50 PM
Administrator

I bet you now look as trim and slim as my mailman now...Welcome back...Ang

[IMG]local://upfiles/22/06DDCA4DF9A847FA985632A05A43410B.gif[/IMG]

Old 12-11-2008, 09:36 AM

Ang .... ummm, nevermind.

Old 12-11-2008, 11:46 AM

Thanks guys! Lucy is doing well. She is walking around and getting into everything now!
Now I'm going to get back to the gym and hit the weights and stay away from the cardio - not for any health or musclebuildingreason, I just really, really hate cardio. But I'm gonna start lifting heavy again and try to gain back some muscle mass. Allt hat weight loss has no doubt atrophied my muslces a bit. The final week I lost 7 lbs in 2 days cutting weight (very unhealthy way - so that 7 lbs was all water that I immediately put back on haha.)

Believe it or not, the weather here in MISSISSIPPI is crazy right now. it is snowing and sleeting and raining like crazy. All the schools have shut down and my office is closing at noon. The roads are supposedly icy as can be. Hopefully the old front wheel drive sleigh can get me home safely. I'm just gonna have to go real easy on the clutch and try not to spin the tires haha.

Oh yeah...by the way - the money pit now has a "stuck open" thermostat. Haha. I've gotta replace that soon so my wife doesn't freeze to death. I hope to be getting her a new car sometime in 2009. The money pit has served her well for almost 10 years and I think it is time to retire it.

I also just switched to 5w30 oil (stillValvoline MaxLife Syn Blend)instead of 10w30 in the 2000 LX. Just changed it last night.So far so goodShe now has 146k and change on the ticker and still not the first problem.

Old 12-11-2008, 12:01 PM

It's good to hear that everything is going smoothly in your life.

Did you see the snow in New Mexico? where the people weren't slowing down on the freeway when it was snowing and they just kept rolling their cars one after the other? Hahahaha

Old 12-11-2008, 02:00 PM

Brandon, I demand a youtube video of this!!! LOL

Quick Reply: Sorry I have not been around in a while