Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

things that annoy you in class (college / hs)

Search this Thread

Old 10-13-2007, 08:56 AM
Default RE: things that annoy you in class (college / hs)

I only text in class when i am done with my work and the teacher is done lecturing so it doesnt interrupt anyone or **** off the teacher

Old 10-13-2007, 12:14 PM

I always have my phone off when i'm a student in class. Even sometimes vibrations can get annoying. When I sub though, I have been known to text when the studets weren't looking or busy working on an assignment. Only have done this a few times.

Old 10-13-2007, 03:22 PM

oh yea my phone is NEVER on ring, it is always on vibrate

Old 10-18-2007, 05:01 PM

If a persons cell phone goes off make that person bring candy for the whole class, if not give that perosn points off. It is really annoying when they ring. Also, it is cool when a teacher acutally goes over hw step by step, it really helps. There is no point of listening to lecutres if you are lectureing from the book. good luck

Old 10-19-2007, 12:55 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Smag .... have them draw a teabag!!!! I was actually disappointed with how boreing and inadequate the CAD class was at my school ..... I had to re-learn everything about CAD in the workplace afterward. How fun and interesting CAD is or isn't will be VERY dependant on your lesson plans. The first step, while boreing, is to teach the vocabulary of the program so that they know what to search for with the "help" function. CAD's "help" is pretty good.

Old 10-19-2007, 02:08 PM

I loved autocad!!! But my second year we switched to solidworks and i hated that. autoCAD FTW!!

Old 10-19-2007, 10:23 PM

How could you hate Solidworks?

Scenario: Boss says "The dimensions on the widget you drew have been changed and we've added a handle." [sm=lildevil.gif]

AutoCAD: "I'll do it tomorrow, I have to redo the drawing."

Solidworks: "Done." [8D]

Old 10-20-2007, 12:49 AM

Want to know the truth?

Everyone in any industry requiring drafting uses AutoCAD, not Solidworks. I knew this before I was even 18 and in college. I worked for my dad drafting and communicated with electrical and structual engineers and arichitects; nobody uses solidworks!

And falkore, don't worry, I took AutoCAD classes in hs and had to relearn everything too when I started drafting in a professional atmosphere.

Old 10-20-2007, 01:14 AM

I loved autoCAD because i learned everything first. I learned all the buttons and everything.
The thing autoCAD has i think blows solidworks out of the water is the script at the bottom of the window. You can easily type shortcuts without having to find the stupid logo and get done in a fraction of the time.
Besides I think autoCAD looks more professional than solidworks and its twice as easy to use.

Old 10-20-2007, 07:17 AM

ORIGINAL: Trav20

Besides I think autoCAD looks more professional than solidworks and its twice as easy to use.
So true because it IS what the professionals use.

Quick Reply: things that annoy you in class (college / hs)