Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Traffic ticket nightmare

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2006, 08:42 PM
Default Traffic ticket nightmare

Now i'm not one to **** and moan about too much but there are just some things that really fry my bacon. This being one of them.... I was driving my little bro to his guitar practice on day at the begening of dec las year and ended up in a five car pile up. the whole front of my car was completly wasted. Now if its not bad enough that im out a ride for who knows how long, its also freezing cold here in kansas in december. being the last car in the accident i expect to get screwed over royaly, but i never expected to get hit with a ticket for "FOLLOWING TO CLOSELY"
[:@][:'(]!!!!!!!! Thats what i got a ticket for, 2 and a half hours later when the popo finaly showed ther stupid @55e$!! The cops wernt even there to see if i was or not. there justification for the ticket was that if i wasnt folowin to close then i wouldnt have been in the accident. Now i now thats some fat B.S. because i was the only 1 who got the ticket out of all 5 cars involved.. the D-Bags also tried to tell me i was going to fast. It was the middle of rush hour traffic. When i hit the lady in front of me i was maybe doing 35-40 at the most on a highway where the speed limit is 65. my fine doubled cuz it was in a construction zone aswell. i woulnt have hit the lady if it wernt for the sand and debris causing me to slide in the road. Just another classic example of the PIGS abusing ther power on a 17 yr old with a black honda and exhaust. to much bs if u ask me. no one else got a ticket but me. but what can i expect living in kansas where the onlything worse than driving through kansas is gettin stuck in da butt by the kansas patrol.

Old 01-25-2006, 12:00 AM
Default RE: Traffic ticket nightmare

Has anyone else had this happen to them and what did you do about it? thanks.

Old 01-25-2006, 12:04 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

yea that blows *****. thats why im trying to teach my gf to not be a late braker. cops always find the youngest person at fault too always. that happens here in az. if two people are in a crash, and its the old persons fault, the cops will always finf the young person at fault.

lightshow

Old 01-29-2006, 09:30 PM

yeah dude that really blows. did you pay the ticket, or are u gonna protest that. if i were you i'd take the ticket to a lawyer and see what he/she can do about it. cause that is redicolus that out of 5 cars you get the ticket. i'd get the badge numbers of the cops and get them involved too. you can say it was discrimination or something along those lines. see if you can get the other's in the accident or witnesses to back up your case. (saying that none of them recieved tickets).
see what you can do, don't take their b.s. if you can't do anything about, you won't lose much.

Old 01-30-2006, 02:11 PM

I got a continuence untill the end of march. i wanna fight it but being only 17 my cash reserves are not big enough to afford a lawyer and im getin kicked around with this cuz its all durin school hours rite now so my parents arnt to keen on me missing school. they offerd me deversion but i have to have a letter from the insurance company that states wheather the accident had any claims or if its been full resolved. I don't know why i need that but what ever. my insurence don't no either??? I just wanna talk to the judge 1 on 1 and tell em' what happend. i know they will agree with me but the whole G** D*** leagal system is so srewed up and rigged that it takes 12 yrs to fight a F***** traffic ticket nowadays...

Old 01-30-2006, 06:24 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

i feel for you, ive had friends deal with similar problems, i consider myself lucky in the end, i use to live in newark ohio, if you were young and had a performance car cops would pull you over in a heart beat and the judges were a-holes and hose you without a second look

Old 01-31-2006, 02:15 PM

I was sitting at a light in my hometown and revved my engine up probably to about 2500 and 5 seconds later after turning onto the main road I got pulled over. The cop asked me the question, "Do you know why I pulled you over?" And I didn't know. Long story short I got a $75 noise ordinance for being too loud. IT WAS 5 O'CLOCK ON A SATURDAY! And my '91 Accord with the Flowmaster American Thunder Exhaust system, believe me, isn't loud. The popo's really do suck sometimes.

Old 02-01-2006, 06:57 AM

dude, usually a lawyer does not cost much to fight a ticket. my friend does it when he gets his tickets, i think the maxed he payed was around $250. so i'm pretty sure that will be less then a ticket and of coarse your insurance rate going up and having a point on your license for 3 years. if you can't afford it, just go down to the main station ask to protest the ticket, schedule a date (you can always reschedule if you can't come in, just make sure you do it before your court date); and then when your court date comes you'll have the opportunity to talk to the judge and possibly the citation officer. in most cases on your first visit to court they'll either say the ticket is dismissed or you'll need to schedule another court date so an officer come in, so this way you get to talk to both the cop and the judge.