Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Weight Gain 2000

Search this Thread

Old 07-17-2007, 03:14 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default Weight Gain 2000

Here is an interesting article I saw through the M3 forum. Its about cars gaining size and weight from generation to generation...and the car thay use for an example is...

http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...big-cars_N.htm

Thoughts?

Old 07-17-2007, 03:36 PM
Default RE: Weight Gain 2000

Everybody needs a bigger car because everyone is getting FATTER so they need more room to fit thier fat @$$ in the car!
Plus the SUV's out there will totally annihilate (did I spell that right?) anything it thier path. I recall a sketch onMAD TV where a woman was driving an SUV called an "Earth Destroyer" (the actual vehicle was a Ford Excursion) becuase she needed the extraroom for her one toddler. I think she ran over some smaller car or something because she couldn't even see it. I found it hysterical.. but scary as hell because it's true.
I don't know about other parts of the country, but down here in the south it seems that as soon as a woman has 1 child, she needs to get the biggest gas-guzzling SUV manufactured because she needs the extra room for her 20lb toddler. It's ridiculous. Then the same woman runs over you while she is talking on her cell phone or putting on makeup. But her husband knows that, that's why her bought her the "Earth Destroyer"...so she won't get hurt when she carelesslycauses an accident or runs over somebody. She may kill someone else and thier kids....but that's their problem. They should have ponied up the dough for their own "Earth Destroyer."[sm=rant.gif]
Easy solution: require anyone who is driving a vehicle that weighs more than...say...4500 lbs to get a special driver's license. And make the tickets more strict for people driving said vehicles (i.e. more than 1 speeding ticket means suspended license, etc..)

Old 07-17-2007, 03:55 PM

*ROFL* As soon as my wife got pregnant I went out and bought her the lexus (a few months after she found out she was pregnant anyways, it was an upgrade from our Dodge Durango) I wanted her in an SUV for safety because she is a nut when she drives but the durango was to big and sucked to much gas, now we have the nice, much smaller lexus and it gets 20-22mpg but it's still plenty safe

Old 07-17-2007, 04:03 PM

Yeah I need to get my wife something newer and I'll probably go for an SUV, but not something so huge. I think we'd be getting an Explorer (Her dad is the commercial accounts manager at a Ford dealership in town.) I would probably want the V8 but Iknow she would want the V6 for gas mileage. Right now I don't have the funds though. Maybe after we find out how much this baby is really going to cost us...I know, It's a LOT! I guess I'll be finding out in about 3 & 1/2 more months!

Old 07-17-2007, 09:27 PM

I like the lexus SUV. probably will own one when I have a need.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:35 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Why not just a minivan? I personally hate SUV's. I think they are pointless unless the owners have a big family and use it to haul things like trailers, or boats. Otherwise, the minivan is the way to go.

Old 07-17-2007, 09:41 PM

cross-overs are really startin to eat into the SUV market for that very reason...

Old 07-17-2007, 11:17 PM

I hate minivans. I would never be caught dead owning one[sm=bangbang.gif].
No offense to anyone or anything. I just think they are hideous! My wife hates them too.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:12 AM

i dont think they are that bad, really. my parents own a sienna, and its actually pretty nice....not sporty though...that's what your car is for.

Old 07-18-2007, 09:46 PM

jdm oddesseys look pretty good

Quick Reply: Weight Gain 2000