Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
View Poll Results: A poll
Ford
25.58%
GM motors
19.77%
Diamler Chrysler
12.79%
Saturn
15.12%
Honda
2.33%
Toyota
2.33%
VW
4.65%
Other - post your worst car
17.44%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

What car is the worst in your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2006, 07:11 PM
Default RE: What car is the worst in your opinion

ORIGINAL: marbro

ah yes, but imagine a geo metro with 300 hp lol
add some slicks in the front, a huge muffler and airvents, then you got some serious wanna be.
LOL

Old 04-25-2006, 10:17 AM
Banned

Starting from the worst

1 Renault
2 Peugeot
3 Citroen

I like Fords &VWs (except the retro Beetle thing).

Old 04-29-2006, 01:23 AM

Don't be ******* on Fords. Let's see #1 selling vehicle in the world???Ford PU. 26 or 27 years in a row #1 selling in US Ford PU. I guess they're so bad that is why most fleets are Ford ...Mustang celebrating its 42 year anniversary. 85- present Mustangs are very dependable..Many have 100k and still haul a__. Maybe that is why hiway patrol units use Crown Vics and earlier Mustangs. (Because they are so undependable..they treat them so well you know...never idle for long periods of time) The Ford Explorer took SUVs to a new level, and made the mini van obsolete. Mustang, Thunderbird, GT40, GT, Thunderbolts, Lightnings, Saleens, Roush Mustangs, Shelby Mustangs, 427 SOHC motors, Boss 429 motor...I guess nobody ever wanted any othese b4. Cobras and Panteras used ford motors also because they were so unreliable. Oh yeah Ford took all the podium in 24 hrs @ Lemans from Ferrari with an unsophisticated motor 2 years running...the first to win over there from America. I like Hondas...Oh yeah the worst make Fiat..FixItAgainTony.

Old 04-29-2006, 10:15 AM

didn't a (new) mustang just win some drifting competition over in japan recently?

Old 04-30-2006, 05:48 PM
Banned

Don't forget the Model T. Without Mr Henry Ford Honda would not be around today either.

However I am a big fan of Italian cars. My pal has a Fiat Stilo Abarth, puts out about 170bhp with a Selespeed box (sequential) paddle shift it sounds and feels very quick indeed.

Now Ferraris are something else.

Old 04-30-2006, 08:18 PM

I agree that geo's are the worst but my hubby has a 93 Ford F150 XLT and it is a tropper. It now has over 200,000 miles on it. I would actually say that my 96 Honda Accord with 140,000 miles has given us more of a problem than the ford. The honda is used for family riding and the F150 is used Mon - Fri for dock and pier construction work. We actually plan to buy a Ford Expedition soon. I don't think that chevy products compare to ford. I would never buy any of Fords cars but the trucks can definately hang. As for Dodge I have always thought about what the name of the vehicle says "Dodge". I think the new hemi vehicles would be pretty nice but I would never buy one because of gas prices. I do also agree that no matter what vehicle you have it has to be maintained so that it will perform correctly no matter what make.

Old 05-01-2006, 12:00 AM
AznGrlAccord
Unregistered

I havent driven any other cars but a toyotta corolla and the Z but i had this one car from a rental
The dodge Neon... It was like a piece of crap
The windows you had to roll down and the hazard button was on the steering wheel
The headlight **** was this pully thingy and it took me forever to figure out how to turn it off...
I floored it in the highway and only hit 80 in about like 30 sec.....
My worst driving experience everrrrr
Thank goodness i only had it for 2 days and i got my honda back =)

Old 05-01-2006, 09:04 PM

I couldn't pick out a manufacturer and say that all their cars are lousy. EVERYBODY has made some real dogs in their time including Honda and Toyota.

With GM and Ford struggling to stay alive I hope they have finally figured out why Japan is kicking their butts......and Korean cars are coming on real strong. The Japanese learned from the American cars many mistakes/problems and topped them in almost every way (except size maybe). The Koreans have a much smaller learning curve because they learned from the Japanese cars.

In other words QUALITY!! The big two are (hopefully) realizing that they can't continue to pay outrageous wages to put out turd cars anymore. It's just too late for this:

[IMG]local://upfiles/127/69508B5F0ECC42699E25C8FF1C09E71E.gif[/IMG]

Old 05-01-2006, 10:23 PM
rvlikens
Unregistered

Right now.. It's the 91 Honda Ex. Got the car free from in-law so can't cry too much but on a one to one compair.. My 93 plymouth voyager is WAY more reliable and much much cheaper to repair (I have all the invoices). But the accord has 20k more miles then the van. Guess if I wasn't having so much trouble replacing a turn signal bulb, I'd be less critical.

Worst car(s) every produced?

1. AMC Renault
2. Yugo
3. Chevy Vega (as is off the showroom)
4. Ford Pinto

Best cars I've ever owned:
1. 93 Plymouth Voyager
2. 84 VW Jetta

Had both the above for 13 years or more and minimal issues. The minivan has NEVER left me stranded and only been towed 2 times. Onces for a broke engine mount (I didn't want to drive it but could) and once in the driveway, a spring broke in the ignition so it would stay started unless you held the key in the ON position. I would say the Jetta is on par with the Accord I have now but the VW was cheaper to fix, easier to fix and less trouble in the long run.

Old 05-01-2006, 11:42 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Well the first Fords were pretty much Dodges as stated earlier. Dodge History. In my opinion I say Chevy is the worst. They are more talk than anything else. Ford isn't to bad but Dodge is by far the best and most innovative domestic company. I mean they've invented loads of things used by all car companies such as the gear reduction starter (listen to an old Chevy start [:'(]compared to a Dodge/Plymouth). I could go on forever but yea! Just my opinion! SRT-4, Viper, and yup yup
Oh ya, now that the new vette is faster[:@] I've heard that new Viper is going to have 600-700 hp Take that Chevy!

Quick Reply: What car is the worst in your opinion