Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.
View Poll Results: A poll
Ford
25.58%
GM motors
19.77%
Diamler Chrysler
12.79%
Saturn
15.12%
Honda
2.33%
Toyota
2.33%
VW
4.65%
Other - post your worst car
17.44%
Voters: 86. You may not vote on this poll

What car is the worst in your opinion

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2006, 11:58 AM
Default RE: What car is the worst in your opinion

There's something about owning a car with the same brand name as your cheap microwave that doesn't make sense. So daewoo hits that category. Also would never consider owning Kia, Hyundai, or anything like that. They may be decent cars, but they're the best at nothing and the value drops too frickin' fast.

Oh, and all the ford haters out there must not have checked out the new supercharged mustang. They actually had to put restrictors in the heads to meet all the manufacturing specs they have to go by. I want one really bad.

Old 05-03-2006, 10:03 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

Value drops fast huh, but.... how much can a 5 dollar investment drop in the end? to nothing? lol Dawoo, kia, hyundai aka "wishes it were a honda", my opinion, add a scion to that list as well, i think these exist only to please stupid kids that dont know what a car really is.

Nothing but love for ford trucks, they may say found on road dead, but guess what, thats true for any car you dont maintain.

OH, need i remind everyone..... metro.... geo metro...... engine fires from heaven!

Old 05-06-2006, 02:21 PM

i have 2 fords and they both have problems, i have a honda civic never had a problem with it, i have the accord im diveing now i have to replace the fuel pump, my firebird trans am has been sitting sence 1997 and the engin need to be rebuilt, but back to the fords. one of them has a 5 quart oil leak a day, died on me while driveing, the battery draned and when i charged it i tried to titen the clamps and i broke one, the other one the head is cracked.

Old 05-07-2006, 09:52 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

sounds like poor maintenance then anything.

Old 05-09-2006, 01:57 AM

I think that VW is very underrepresented in this thread. I've heard of VWs dying on a test drive. I think the worst value award goes to Mercedes Benz, namly thier sports cars. You pay 60k for a MB sports car and a Mustang GT still has a better power to weight ratio.

Old 05-09-2006, 09:42 AM
Banned

you know apart from a VW Beetle I don't think I have never seen a VW broke down. Unheard of here in the UK.
Both Japanese and German marques are the reliable cars. I would say build quality on a VW of the same age is a little better than (at least) my Accord.

In fact honda used a plastic shiny wood effect on the centre console. This has all cracked and broken around the shift. There is hinged door over the cigarete lighter and ash tray, the hinge has broken on one side so now it comes out[:@]. Oh and the coin box holder is in the boot now.

And to cap off now the power aerial has broke and a new mast is £40. The A/C does not (and never has) worked.

However when I get in the car I know it will start and get me to where I want to go.

Mine was built in the UK though!

I know Merc went down hill a bit a few years ago but I believe they are back up there now.

Old 05-09-2006, 10:19 AM

haha you said it agent about mercedes sports cars. Some people just need that status symbol I guess.

Old 05-09-2006, 07:33 PM

The funniest thing is to try and explain to MB driver's that thier cars aren't fast. For some reason they just don't understand why a car they paid over 35k for can be beaten by a car that costs under 25k. And in the states, VW are known for wierd electrical problems. MB is also known for poor build quality in the last couple of years.

Old 05-09-2006, 11:58 PM

The worst car ever is, as stated earlier, the Geo. We were basically forced to rent one, or walk 15miles to our fancy hotel. When we pulled that up it was the most embarrassing thing ever. There were like 3limos, a few mercedes and what not....and our Geo. With Ford, half the reason I dislike them so much is that so far, everyone I've met or seen that drives a Cobra has been pretty full of himself. Plus my buddies expedition's engine literally fell down out of the car; I don't know the whole story but, thats pretty bad.

As far as the best car within a decent price, the new Z06. It's very comparable to the Ford GT and the Porsche Carrera S or GT or (one of those), and it's half the price of either of them. There was some report comparing those three cars that I read about. I just have loved Corvettes since the day I got into cars.

Old 05-10-2006, 12:08 AM

I'm gonna have to agree with you on the Z06. Ever since i got into muscle cars, i've liked the older Stingrays. I don't really like the Corvettes of the 80s and onwards, but the C6 i love. The Z06 is an absolutly amazing car for the price. If i had 60gs i would buy one tommorow.

Quick Reply: What car is the worst in your opinion