Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

what city you live in, do you like it, why or why not..

Search this Thread

Old 08-07-2009, 04:37 PM
rambleongirl
Unregistered
Default what city you live in, do you like it, why or why not..

Hi everyone,
I am Mia lee from the Twin Cities. Has anyone been to Minneapolis before? For those of you who have do you like it? If not please list where you are from and why you like it or don’t like it. or if you've travelled somewhere, or lived there for a period of time.. post your story.

PLEASE SAY IT AS A RIDDLE A RHYME, A FUNNY STORY, anything just looking for creativity..

In my experience there is a lot of great culture here in the twin cities. Lot’s of GREAT food, any flavor, any style, from any region. I mean there’s sushi spots, fondu, middle eastern, caviar, American, asian, the list goes on! That’s one of the really cool things about this city.

I also really like the sub cultures here. I mean you got the art kids and their easles and emo music, the bikers with their airbrushed [URLmotorcycle helmets[/URL], the car enthusiasts with their on their . You have the children here with their [URLRC cars and fake [URLswords, you got your retirees, staying at home all day having cookouts all week long on their nice [URLpatio sets[/URL], you see the hobbyists from time to time with their [URLRC Airplanes[/URL]. You got the ritzy people living by Lake Calhoun and fancy areas, running, jogging, and on the beach with their damn yoga mats and [URLexercise *****[/URL]. And you got your everyday gamblers literally on the street with their [URLpoker chip sets[/URL]!
Basically, you walk down the street and you see every culture, every race, from everywhere.

It’s unique in that way. You are either from here born or raised or you are VERY cultured from somewhere else completely, it is GREAT mix.

What I don’t like is the amount of homeless people here. There are a lot and a lot of them are scum and bother me all day. Some I feel bad for but a lot are known for their petty crimes and bothering walkersby all day. Some sleep IN the street, in the skyways, in sewers even in boxes and [URLlarge dog beds[/URL]. It’s unbelievable. I just want to get a sprinkler or something or like a [URLpaintball gun[/URL] and give them some color, some life, some ambition! It’s a dark and scary place to be walking around with a bunch of homeless people.

That’s probably the only negative. If anyone reading this lives in CALI please respond with your likes and dislikes.. I want to move out there soon!

Peace and Love,
Mia lee

----------------
Welcome Mia Lee, and that sounds like an interesting idea for an off-topic thread, but PLEASE READ THE RULES ABOUT SPAM LINKS.

Last edited by JimBlake; 08-10-2009 at 10:36 AM.
Old 08-10-2009, 12:25 AM

I am from Mankato, Minnesota actually and of course i have been to the cities. I was kind of surprised to read you were from the great state of minnesota. Mankato is a smaller town compared to well most places. I wanna say it is the 4 or 5 or even farther down the line in size of the city in minnesota. Its a college town so you get a semi diverse crowd. I will admit that Mankato can be a little redneck, my self included (btw i'm not white, Chinese and proud of it ;-)). I used to drive a Jeep Cherokee with a nice six inch lift and some 35 inch baja claws. It was actually my senior year automotive class project vehicle. I don't think there is really much that is all that interesting. It is not a big city with a lot of diversity but enough. Many people come to the town to get away from the bigger cities. We have many people that have come from chicago and have actually made a pretty bad name for themselves. You can only guess why. If not google chicago's crime rate and it will come. I guess that is one of the downsides. I don't mind people coming and going but when they disturb the peace it is annoying (to say the least). Well i'm done its late and i'm tired ;-)

Old 08-10-2009, 11:38 AM
monababy
Unregistered

yeah a lot of crime here too. im not familiar with mankato.. is that the city with the huge air hockey table statue? like you know our huge paul bunyan up in brainerd.

Last edited by monababy; 08-10-2009 at 11:39 AM. Reason: spelling error
Old 08-10-2009, 02:55 PM
19Accord97
Unregistered

So why would you post this on a Honda Accord forum?

Old 08-10-2009, 03:53 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

If you can't tell this is spam you need to get your eyes checked... Look at all the links jimblake had to edit out. These bots/people are just trying to hide their spam.

Old 08-10-2009, 04:21 PM
Administrator
Smile Hey t00fatt

I think Tyler is a little slow today...What do you think..

Jim and I edit these posts all day long and I ban them all day long...

WheelBrokerAng