Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

Things I like and Don't like about my Accord

Search this Thread

Old 09-21-2007, 10:06 PM
Default Things I like and Don't like about my Accord

I got my Accord because my 96 Eclipse GST was getting old and ragged, the convt top leaked all the time, some mornings it wouldn't start. I wanted something nice and new, reliable, and fun to drive. I looked at a lot of so called "enthusiast" cars like the GTI, Speed 3, Civic Si, you name it. But the end of year specials on the 07 Accords (with the new ones around the corner) made it so much of a better deal than paying top dollar for one of those other cars. So I went with an LX Coupe, 5 sp (had to have that). I was really impressed initially with the strong, very quiet motor, esp strong for a 4 cyl and very smooth. I've been driving it for about three months now. Overall, the car is great, I really can't complain about anything; it handles crisply, has a nice ride, descent power, etc. But I feel like it's lacking some factor that sent me looking at all those enthusiast cars in the first place; it seems almost too well rounded sometimes, too adult, like it's missing some edgy quality I liked in my Eclipse (like the torque steer and turbo whine). So I find myself wondering whether I can keep this car for the long haul like I planned, or whether, when the lease comes up in 2 1/2 years, I'll end up getting sucked into something else.

Anyone else feel this way? I'm wondering if there's anything I can do to spice my Accord up a little bit, like adding a CAI or an exhaust. I leased this car at a great rate, aiming to buy it at the end of the lease, and right now I feel like I'm having to convince myself of reasons why I should plan on keeping it. After all, it's a pretty silly financial move to take out loan after loan on a different car, never paying a vehicle off because of the need to switch to a new car every few years. Yet, this is what I've been doing for the past 10 years, because I just can't seem to settle on anything. I can count about 6 different cars I've owned--Altima, Mazda Miata, Hond Civic, Eclipse, etc--I love the car for the first year then I seem to get tired of it.

Maybe I have car ADD. Just wanted to see what everyone's thoughts on this was.

Old 09-21-2007, 11:54 PM
Default RE: Things I like and Don't like about my Accord

why are you even posting a topic like this? accords are perfect! jk, but seriously.

btw, about spicing your accord up...an I/H/E set up, or suspension upgrade such as springs&shocks or coil overs...or even just a tint will make it look nicer.

Old 09-22-2007, 12:01 AM
19Accord97
Unregistered

Maybe you need to start putting some aftermarket stuff on it. I would look at modified 07's and you will end up probably finding one "that you have to have" and your goal will be to make it like that. Or save up for a turbo. I hear the motors in the new Accords can be pretty wicked. Good luck!

Old 09-22-2007, 12:23 AM

for accords own......what kind of difference did you notice with your cai and exhaust?

Old 09-22-2007, 12:33 AM

it was actually a noticable difference with both...my exhaust kinda picked up the lower rpms while my cai helped out with the high end rpms. its definately worth it for the two bolt ons together! i recommend both of the brands, too! (look at sig)