Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

why so much hate on honda's

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2008, 01:24 PM
Default RE: why so much hate on honda's

ORIGINAL: magiconthetire

I agree, i think accords show more maturity than a civic does, plus, i love the size, its perfectfor me.I would NEVER go back to a "compact" car. Its dumb when people hate on imports. My Accord was MADE IN MARYSVILLE OHIO, by AMERICAN workers!
My question is, was it made in America or assembled in America? According it wiki its assembled in Marysville, Ohio.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:56 PM

The window stick on my '06 EXL MT states that 70% of the car is made with American/Canadian parts and 15% Japanese parts. It would be interesting to compare this with so called "American" cars. BTW, the MT is made in the Phillipines.

Old 02-28-2008, 12:59 PM

Assembled in USA too? That "japanese" car is sure American lol.

Old 02-29-2008, 11:22 AM

ORIGINAL: erivkin10

The window stick on my '06 EXL MT states that 70% of the car is made with American/Canadian parts and 15% Japanese parts. It would be interesting to compare this with so called "American" cars. BTW, the MT is made in the Phillipines.
Consumer Reports says for a car to be a true american car it must be more than 80% (correct me if i'm wrong, american parts. You are correct with that statement, mine says the same thing!

Old 03-01-2008, 09:21 AM

people whp hate on hondas are just jealous. on some real POOP, when i can buy a mustang or camaro with 250k, original clutch, 4 doors for only 900 dollars and still get another 75k out of the original engine, let me know. hondas have the best resale out of any car manufacturuer for a reason.maybe not the fastest but POOP you can make a geo fast if you have the time dude.

Old 03-02-2008, 10:13 AM

ORIGINAL: Zer0Vtak

The only objection to my car that I get is that it is "bland" which..

[/rant]
Id slap anyone who ever said anything bad about an Accord.

Old 03-03-2008, 05:44 PM

people whp hate on hondas are just jealous. on some real POOP, when i can buy a mustang or camaro with 250k, original clutch, 4 doors for only 900 dollars and still get another 75k out of the original engine, let me know. hondas have the best resale out of any car manufacturuer for a reason.maybe not the fastest but POOP you can make a geo fast if you have the time dude.
[/quote]

you are sooo wrong about hondas having the best resale, toyotas easily have higher resales, hell a beat up 87 camry will still sell for 1300 if it runs decent. an accord i nthe same shape... more in the 500-900 dollar range... like you said yourself.

and when people get mustangs and camaros they dont want the 4 doors cause 4 doors is not oriented at fast cars. im not a fan of domestics and i dont think theyre all that fast or cool,but outa the box with close to 300 tq, if i was going for speed i rather pay 2 grand for a decently quickmustang than 900 then 2000 on top of that just to maybe get close to that mustang in speed
PLESSEEEEE Watch your Words Guys!!!!

Old 03-03-2008, 06:27 PM

ORIGINAL: 89dxlame

ORIGINAL: SilverCityAccord

people whp hate on hondas are just jealous. on some real sh*t, when i can buy a mustang or camaro with 250k, original clutch, 4 doors for only 900 dollars and still get another 75k out of the original engine, let me know. hondas have the best resale out of any car manufacturuer for a reason.maybe not the fastest but sh*t you can make a geo fast if you have the time dude.
you are sooo wrong about hondas having the best resale, toyotas easily have higher resales, hell a beat up 87 camry will still sell for 1300 if it runs decent. an accord i nthe same shape... more in the 500-900 dollar range... like you said yourself.

and when people get mustangs and camaros they dont want the 4 doors cause 4 doors is not oriented at fast cars. im not a fan of domestics and i dont think theyre all that fast or cool,but outa the box with close to 300 tq, if i was going for speed i rather pay 2 grand for a decently quickmustang than 900 then 2000 on top of that just to maybe get close to that mustang in speed
Ok, lets compare apples to apples here. An Accord is no Mustang or Camaro, not even close. My point is, letscompare an Accord to a Malibu (its American Equivliant) or a G6, or a Sebring/Avenger, THE ACCORD WILL RAPE EACH AND EVERY ONE OF THEM!! The Fusion can be a close contender, but its essentailly a MAzda 6 so its not AMERICAN. And the new accord? FULL SIZE, lets compare that to an Impala shall we? Point of the matter is, to me, my accord is no rwd race car. Its an excellent, comfortable, stunt'n ride that has ***** when i want it to.

Old 03-03-2008, 06:38 PM

If you want to compare a honda to a camaro you'll need to use the nsx type r, which as far as I know would curb stomp a camaro....

Although, some Grand Prix will whomp an accord and cost a few grand less...

Old 03-04-2008, 09:20 AM

Camaro's get ragged out way to easily. 5.0 Mustangs have very tough engines. I can see my 91 easily reaching the same mileage as either one of my Hondas.

Some of you guys are going to be sad you have hated on Ford so much pretty soon. They are about to start throwing turbos on a lot of their vehicles.

Quick Reply: why so much hate on honda's