Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

The worst service in Torrance and Gardena CA

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2016, 03:08 PM
Default The worst service in Torrance and Gardena CA

I had a 2014 Accord Plug In and took it to DCH Gardena Honda to have an $800 xylon applied. They didn't do it and I had to demand my money back. I took it back there for an oil change and cabin filter change. They didn't change the cabin filter and there was oil drips on top of and inside the car. Had to demand more money back. Took it to Scott Robinson Honda for an oil change and the car was returned with oil smudges on the hood. Terrible workmanship from Honda. I complained to corporate and their best was to send me a gift card good at my local Honda dealer. Wasn't worth it to keep the car if I have to double check and fight with the Service department. I've had many Honda cars in the past but that doesn't buy you squat. Honda isn't concerned about customer loyalty or satisfaction. Got rid of that and landed a 2016 Ford Fusion and I'm SOOOOOOOOO much happier now.

Old 02-09-2016, 03:48 PM

Originally Posted by sphybrid
I had a 2014 Accord Plug In and took it to DCH Gardena Honda to have an $800 xylon applied. They didn't do it and I had to demand my money back. I took it back there for an oil change and cabin filter change. They didn't change the cabin filter and there was oil drips on top of and inside the car. Had to demand more money back. Took it to Scott Robinson Honda for an oil change and the car was returned with oil smudges on the hood. Terrible workmanship from Honda. I complained to corporate and their best was to send me a gift card good at my local Honda dealer. Wasn't worth it to keep the car if I have to double check and fight with the Service department. I've had many Honda cars in the past but that doesn't buy you squat. Honda isn't concerned about customer loyalty or satisfaction. Got rid of that and landed a 2016 Ford Fusion and I'm SOOOOOOOOO much happier now.
I'm curious as to why you didn't take your Honda to a different dealership for service (?)
I'll have to say that the Service Dept. at my dealership is top-notch.

However, I do understand your feelings (once burnt - twice shy)... In 1974 I bought a new Ford, it had issues and the service people were discourteous and inept, even Ford-Detroit was useless... that was 42 years ago and I've bought several new cars since.. none of them have been a Ford product

Old 02-10-2016, 02:51 PM

I did note that I took the car to 2 dealers. I also asked corporate Honda to get involved. Corporate told me outright they don't get involved with dealer issues and refused to let me discuss the matter with a higher level manager or regional manager. I know that was wrong having worked as an OEM vendor to Nissan. It wasn't worth the hassle so I spent my money elsewhere. Sorry your Ford experience was bad many years ago but might be worth a look again. They've stepped up their game immensely. My Fusion Plug In gets 80 to 102 MPGe depending how often I charge it. It has a luxury ride, quiet, easy on the eyes, cost less, cheaper insurance, good technology, and more.