Off Topic A place for you car junkies to boldly post off topic.

WTF?! Venting Elusive 03-07 Accord Parts

Search this Thread

Old 08-24-2012, 08:32 AM
Default WTF?! Venting Elusive 03-07 Accord Parts

What is the deal with every aftermarket company just totally skipping over the 4dr 2003-2007 Honda Accord 2.4?

Since I have this year and model I spend all kinds of time searching possibilities for parts and upgrades. For the most part I have to do a bunch of cross referencing of this car and that car, part numbers, all kinds of run around to simply find parts that will fit it. Is my Accord just not cool enough to make mods for??? K, Im done.

Old 08-24-2012, 10:10 AM
Super Moderator

Could it be that aftermarket suppliers have figure out your Accord was pretty well designed and that the addition of a bunch of crap (CAIs and headers and stuff) will do noting what-so-ever for performance or fuel economy?

I know folks constantly feel the need to modify their cars and that they want to believe said modifications will improve the car, but the fact is, Honda (as with most manufacturers these days) is pretty darn good at extracting every last joule of energy out of the engine for over 99% of normal driving environments. Now, if you're building a track rat, then modify away...

Old 08-24-2012, 10:54 AM
Super Moderator

For the sedan, there are limited items available like air intake, suspension, etc. at sellers such as Throwdown Performance and Heeltoeauto.

Some people swap the Acura TSX intake manifold onto the Accord.

Old 08-24-2012, 11:19 AM

Originally Posted by shipo
Could it be that aftermarket suppliers have figure out your Accord was pretty well designed and that the addition of a bunch of crap (CAIs and headers and stuff) will do noting what-so-ever for performance or fuel economy?

I know folks constantly feel the need to modify their cars and that they want to believe said modifications will improve the car, but the fact is, Honda (as with most manufacturers these days) is pretty darn good at extracting every last joule of energy out of the engine for over 99% of normal driving environments. Now, if you're building a track rat, then modify away...
I agree completely, thats why I bought a Honda in the first. However, I am an older guy creeping up on me Mid-Life and I am on my way to SCCA Autocrossing as well as nurturing the burning desire to shred the kids in my hood with their tuners because I have wisdom and science on my side and I know I can do better .

Not to mention it gives me something to do when I'm not chasing my kids around yelling "Dont paint the cat that color again damn it!!!!"

Old 08-24-2012, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by redbull-1
For the sedan, there are limited items available like air intake, suspension, etc. at sellers such as Throwdown Performance and Heeltoeauto.

Some people swap the Acura TSX intake manifold onto the Accord.
Yeah, Im looking to do the RSX head swap on mine eventually which means I will be able to get the intake and exhaust parts for the RSX. You can get a lot of the motor stuff by looking up the K24 internals and all that, it just sucks that I have to spend WAAAAAAY more time then the "pre 2003 | Post 2007" peeps to get the right stuff. I will check out those sites, I havent heard of them as of yet, thanks for the referral!

Old 08-24-2012, 06:11 PM
yal

I hate it too. Its weird that the Gen 7 is skipped or that the price is much higher for its aftermarket parts. Take the strut bar for example. You'll pay over $100 for a gen 7 strut bar but pay half that for any other Gen except the 8th. Even from the same manufacturer Its interesting.