PRIVATE For Sale / Trade Classifieds Sell/Trade your stuff for free! NO COMMERCIAL POSTS!

88 Accord LX auto for sale - Kansas City!

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2011, 02:57 PM
Default 88 Accord LX auto for sale - Kansas City!

I recently acquired an 88 LX auto, with about 160k miles on her. Interior is in good condition, she runs good, but leaks oil from the rear main seal. Transmission shifts fine, AC/Heat works fine, power windows and original stereo work fine.

Im wondering if the work to replace the rear main seal is worth doing, considering the sellable value after that repair will only be around $1000?

I may just part the car out, if I can get more for certain parts like the transmission and engine, and interior pieces. What do you guys think?

Also, is a clear title worth anything, apart and seperate from the car? How does one sell just the title after the car itself has been parted out, or is selling the title alone illegal or something?

Im beginning a little side business/hobby either repairing and selling cars for a little play money, or just parting them out for the same. Any advice would be appreciated!

Old 09-27-2011, 03:36 PM
Administrator
Exclamation Please Follow The Link Below Your Post, It Must Be Followed...*

Originally Posted by belay70
I recently acquired an 88 LX auto, with about 160k miles on her. Interior is in good condition, she runs good, but leaks oil from the rear main seal. Transmission shifts fine, AC/Heat works fine, power windows and original stereo work fine.

Im wondering if the work to replace the rear main seal is worth doing, considering the sellable value after that repair will only be around $1000?

I may just part the car out, if I can get more for certain parts like the transmission and engine, and interior pieces. What do you guys think?

Also, is a clear title worth anything, apart and seperate from the car? How does one sell just the title after the car itself has been parted out, or is selling the title alone illegal or something?

Im beginning a little side business/hobby either repairing and selling cars for a little play money, or just parting them out for the same. Any advice would be appreciated!
Here Is The Link..Click On Please !

https://www.hondaaccordforum.com/for...e%2A%2A-23045/