Sights n Sounds Post your video clips here!

Sound at the alternator (or somewhere there)

Old 05-31-2019, 11:23 AM
Default Sound at the alternator (or somewhere there)

Greetings, first of all, i have little to no knowledge with regards to automative world so i do apologise for this.

I have this issue when the car (accord 2007 model) starts, it begins to vibrate a little (can be felt at the steering wheel, dashboard and pedal which were not there before). The vibration becomes worse when i turn the steering wheel and audible sound gets stronger as I turn the steering wheel to its extremities. However, if i turn of the car and come back later to start the car, the vibration and sound is gone completely. I have no clue what is making the vibration and sound. I would just like to know if anyone has similar problem such as this & can u kindly enlighten me on what is wrong? Many many thanks in advance

I have attached a video but im not sure if its visible in my thread

link to youtube

Last edited by Ignatiuswong94; 05-31-2019 at 11:40 AM.
Old 05-31-2019, 01:01 PM
Super Moderator

How is the fluid level in the Power Steering Reservoir?

Old 05-31-2019, 05:33 PM
Super Moderator

I can't tell by the nature of the sound, but the PS pump seems likely.

The biggest thing is to pinpoint the location of the noise. Try a "poor-mans stethoscope" - a scrap piece of garden hose up to your ear & pointed around. Just be real careful about the spinning belt & pulleys.