Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

01 accord, vibration on the front

Old 05-21-2013, 04:18 PM
Default 01 accord, vibration on the front

Dear Friends,

I have couple of problems with 2001 honda accord LX, 110K. Have taken to atleast few mechanics and couple of different honda dealers - without any help. Here is the problem:

Problem 1) I have slight vibration on the front portion of the car. Also sometime I feel, the car is wandering.
Problem 2) For last couple of months when I turn left I hear a reating rubbing noise from the passenger side. I have taken to mechanics - they have done balancing, also replaced the front wheel bearings. Break pads have still life left in it, rotors are warped slightly. Finally I decided to jack it myself and observe underneath, on the N gear.

Passenger side:
1) Right axil move slightly up & down as wheel rotates - Could this be any
2) I also saw a rubber ball (golf ball sized) has some little cracks.
3) turned steering to extrem left and I could hear the repeating noise. Looks like it is coming from center portion where bearing sits. Have replaced the bearing once, could it have gone bad again?

Friends - any idea/suggestions? I am in search of answers for my vibration issue for last couple of years.