2006 banging over bumps - Honda Accord Forum - Honda Accord Enthusiast Forums

Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Old 03-03-2018, 09:06 PM

Default 2006 banging over bumps

Have a 2006 that just hit 100,000 miles.
The potholes seem to have taken their toll.
Replaced the front struts a while back.
The car really rides rough over bumps and seems to be getting worse.
Is this the rear struts or is something else going on here?
Not sure where to start.
Thanks in advance for any help.
Old 03-05-2018, 02:27 PM
Super Moderator : And A Texan

Check ball joints, lower arm bushings, sway bar links, and wheel bearings for damage (looseness or broken). Noise is usually result of a broken or badly worn component.

good luck
Old 03-05-2018, 02:31 PM

Something that is always over looked are the sway bar links. If you hear a clunk hitting holes then more than likely that is your issue. Also check and make sure you ball joints are in good shape.
Old 04-22-2018, 05:25 PM

I just traded in an Accord 06 Coupe, 6 speed manual w/Navi. I had the same issue. Replaced most everything in the front end trying to find the "Klunk". It turned out to be the axle shafts. Replaced them, and it was gone. End of that. The joint was loose, going over ridges in the road, slight bumps, it was klunk. Put car up on ramps, grab the axle the best you can in the middle, or use a breaker bar, and see the play. Apparently, this is pretty common problem. Suggestion: Spend the bucks, get the original Honda shafts, less problems.