Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

93 accord

Search this Thread

Old 01-17-2010, 08:56 PM

there are some that i do take bit fast and i just like a stiff car. If i replace the bushings would that help a lil bit. I know that this car has been sitting for awhile and someone has disconnected and takin things apart. so far i have re- connected 5 different things. Just to say i do not do the street racing thing. just aggressive driver.

Old 01-19-2010, 07:19 AM
Supper Moderator

If you are an aggressive driver and you want to drive like a race car driver on the streets then cb7 isn’t for you,. I’d look into maybe the TL's it's basically the accords just with everything set up like all around breaks it comes with MORE of a performance suspension set up from the factory it will be a stiffer car all around.

Cb7s take some time and care to make them and nice racer type of car.
Me personally for safety purposes since you say you drive like a bat out of hell Id be running a FULL race tuned suspension(bushings and all). Then a rear disk conversion with a big break kit. Also some 17's with really really good tires.
Just by ball parking all Id said it's gonna cost you around $3-4k to safely drive like a @ss hole....lol not calling you an @ss hole I’m just making a point.
And that hasn’t even touched the engine mods yet.

Old 01-19-2010, 12:54 PM

I would love to have an TL. But i couldn't afford the insurance on it. Looks like i will just have to do what i can with what i got. I love this accord to much to get something else. I plan on cold air and exhaust manifold change. I am not sure about the exhaust its self. I really don't like the loud "lawn mower" sound. Well all in good time i guess, this car not going any where.

Old 01-19-2010, 03:41 PM
Supper Moderator

Some cheap and easy mods you can get are from your local junk yard or pick in pull.
Go find the accords with the f22a4 engine code. Snag the header down pipe and the runners to the intake manifold. Then find yourself a prelude with the h23 engine and grab the top part of the intake manifold throttle body and all. Then find yourself a accord with the f22a6 engine and take ecu and the WHOLE head except the intake and exhaust manifold. If you can’t get the whole head just grab the cam shaft from the f22a6.

Then bolt the lower f22a4 runners part of the intake mani to the h23 top part of the intake mani. Then either put the f22a6 cam in your current head OR if you got the whole head bolt her on to your bottom end. Put your f22a4 header and downpipe on and plug in your ecu and you will be sitting @ about 150-155hp with and CAI. Which is a HUGE upgrade from the f22a1.

Read this it's a DIY on what I just told you. It will be the cheapest way to make the most power out of the f22a without boosting or spraying it.

http://www.cb7tuner.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=88154

enjoy!
Ryan

Old 01-19-2010, 10:36 PM
Cool

Thanks Ryan, made the list now for the hunt. This is going to be fun, love the junk yard.