Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

96 Accord LX Sedan suspension question

Search this Thread

Old 03-08-2008, 06:22 PM
cjkone978
Unregistered
Default 96 Accord LX Sedan suspension question

i have a 96 accord lx sedan, and i wanted to drop it about 3" using a lowering spring and shock/strut combo rather than a full or adjustable coilover kit. i have 17" rims, and totally eliminating the fender gap is my goal. i dont necessarily want to tuck tire, but i want it pretty low. after all of this said, my main question is, is there a spring and shock/strut combo that i can achieve this with? now, i've researched springs online for awhile, and i've seen these "sprint" racing springs that will drop my car the lowest i've found at 3.25" in the front, and 3.00" in the rear. that sounds all well and good, but if i use these, what shocks/struts could i pair them with that will handle such a drop? i do not want a bouncy ride at all. i want a nice, stiff ride regardless of comfortability. i am aware that with a drop this low, that i will need a camber kit. i was looking into getting the ingalls kit with the front ***** and rear arms to correct the negative camber. any help or suggestions you have would be greatly appreciated. sorry this was so long, but im actually looking into getting this done very shortly.. thanks again!!