Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

All performance!!

Old 08-09-2009, 05:38 PM
Default All performance!!

hey guys im looking into tricking out my 2door 2000 honda accord. i want shocks, springs, anti-roll stuff, camber kits....whatever i need. i just dont know everything 100% of what i need. i have bone stock on my car(except cold air intake, plugs and wires) please give me a complete list right down to the nuts and bolts of what i need. because i hate making corners and everything rolling around lol.

and i would like to know what brands are good. have to be better than stock and at a good price. i know i know if i want the best i have to pay. plus if anyone has any of these suspentions upgrades they are looking to sell these parts i would love to see them. ill probably get in trouble for this too. better not say too much. please let me know.

Old 08-10-2009, 12:16 AM

1. Koni Yellow's w/ Neuspeed Race Springs (coilover sold by neuspeed)
2. Eibach Sway Bars front and back
3. Neuspeed front strut bar
4. Various underbody braces ( H braces)
5. Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 Tires (even more important than all those expensive coilovers etc.)
6. Magnaflow exhaust system
7. ONce you have done all this, upgrade the engine internals (pistons, cams, etc.)
8. Add a turbo boost of 12psi +/- for upwards of 350-400 horsepower. a comptech supercharger will add about 50-75.
9. Once this is all done you will dominate all but porsche's, astons, lamborghinis, ferraris, maseratis, bugattis(duh), etc..those types. But on a twisty course you may be able to beat out a shelby mustang (they have the worst suspension of any modern car on the planet)

Old 08-10-2009, 05:38 PM

wow thats quite a list jason. sounds like you know your stuff.

i think those koni yellow's are a good name. what about neuspeed is that a good name for springs and strut tower bars. would tien springs be a better combo?? and does these shocks lower my car? and if so would i have to get a sway bar that would go with how many inches that are lowered?? or one size fits all? because theres a good deal for eibach on Ebay.

now these various underbody braces like those h braces? what are they? i've never heard of them. and if i get all this stuff should i change over my a-frames, i mean where thoses ball joints areconnected to. because of those springs may lower the car.
now the tires are no big. i have an uncle who works at michelin so he gets coups.

exhaust system isnt on the big priorty list. except some headers.

and turbos/superchagers and engine internals are not in the near future lol.

But thank you for your expert intel. do you think there are any more stuff i need

Old 08-10-2009, 07:32 PM

Neuspeed's shocks are koni yellows believe it or not. And yes those race springs from neuspeed are great, but eibach's are very reliable and a great brand as well. Neuspeed is very reputable (ask anyone on here).

the lowering of the car should not affect the sway bar size either. btw the coilovers do lower youyr car if you want. but you can also keep it oem.

H braces are in the shape of an H under your car. here's a link
http://www.oneshift.com/carprofile/i...t_full/501.jpg

With all of these sway bars and Hbraces you might want to upgrade your endlinks to MOOG, but it isn't REALLY necessary. I personally think your car's standar frame should be fine for all of these things. but the quick way to find out is to install this stuff, go to an empty parking lot, turnyour car 90 degrees at 40mph and rip the e-brake. Your car will slide. Also, go to the windiest road you can find and do tight turns the fastest you feel comfortable(no faster!). If anything is going to break these two tests will show you.

I hope this helped. I wish I had the funds for all this stuff!

ps. can you hook me up with some michelin pilot sport ps2's?

Old 08-10-2009, 09:55 PM

haha no i cant get ya tires. it will be hard enough to get a good deal for me. and i dont have th funds for all of this. its more of a wish list. ill have to win the lottery to get all of this stuff tomorrow. and if i do win the lottery ill buy you a set of those tires.

so those Koni's are they adjustable ones. and where can i find them. no where on ebay. maybe at a local speed shop. i was wondering if you can get me links for that and springs. im looking into eibach springs. at like 300. and anti sway bars front and back for 350.... its adding up :S

maybe i should just go all eibach. but i really want adjustable ones so i can either have to OEM or a drop when i want it. please get back to me

Old 08-11-2009, 02:25 AM

here's the konis..grea price for all 4..honestly like 20 bucks more than oem for 500 worth.

https://www.importhorizon.net/store/...dcategory=1134

Old 08-11-2009, 06:38 PM

THAT IS AN AWESOME DEAL i just checked them!!! i asked my local performance shop and he said 450 for front and 450 for the back. is this site legit. can i order from it and stuff. and i live in Canada so the exchange rate is ganna kill and shipping.

Old 08-11-2009, 08:36 PM

yep its legit...they are KONI authorized so ur good.

Old 08-13-2009, 07:37 PM

man its ganna be so hard to get that here to canada. i want to know how much shipping is and they tell me all this extra stuff.

how about that strut tower bar. any deals you know about. or any vendors that have great deals

Old 08-13-2009, 08:28 PM

also i was looking online for those strut bars. and you can get front ones for the upper(the one under the hood) but is there lower ones. is there a rear one as well? cuz it looked like there was but i couldnt tell. because theres a good deal and i cant wait. is there upper and lower for either the front and rear. can you give me info and some pictures. that would be awesome!