Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

brake upgrade

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2010, 03:39 PM
Default brake upgrade

well, i guess this is the right section, didnt see anything labeled for brakes.

i want to upgrade the front rotors & pads on my fiance's 05 coupe. i did the rears with a standard rotor pad combo after they started grooving badly. now the fronts are warped, whenever i tap the pedal i get feedback in the wheel.

i had powerslots and hawk pads in my monte when i still had it, so im thinking of repeating the combo but wanted to get other opinions first. id prolly do the cryo treated rotors though with HPS pads.

Old 09-01-2010, 04:36 PM
Super Moderator

I've put Hawk HPS pads on a couple cars & liked them real well. Both cases the rotors were OK so I had them resurfaced & used em again.

I thought about cryo-stop rotors for NEXT time when the rotors would be replaced.

Old 09-02-2010, 04:05 PM

Just got me a '08 Accord EX-L and upon getting it inspected, I was told at the station that the rear brakes were barely down to the minimum (2/32 ")....however i went back to dealer and they showed me the MD inspeciton report saying the rears were still showing as 6/32B.

If i decide to replace them, will it be worth using originals or would you suggest the Hawks HPS (composite) along with Power Slot Alloy Cryo=treated rotors?

Old 09-03-2010, 08:51 AM

i dont think the rears are worth the upgrade, they are single pane rotors with tiny pads, so just replacing with stock or the best pads from autozone should be fine.

now, a complete rear brake upgrade is a different story, 300 on new rear rotors and pads isnt worth it but upgrading to vented rotors and larger calipers would be a noticeable upgrade.