Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

camber kit question

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2006, 02:43 PM
Default camber kit question

i just lowered my 96' accord myself with prokit springs and kyb g2 shocks.the shop who aligned my car said i need a camber kit for my rear suspension. he quoted me $450 for the camber kit,installation, and alignment. that's crazy!! i know that the camber kit at tirerack.com is about $130 each, would it be better if i buy the kit myself and put them in? then have the shop aligned it? i check the DIY on the forum and theres nothing about replacing/installing camber kits. could you guys hook me up with this, thanks guys and have a great thanksgiving day.

Old 11-24-2006, 06:00 AM
Default RE: camber kit question

I am also interested in this. Just curious, how do the Gr-2s feel? They seem to be the cheapest set for our car from a reliable name. As for camber kit, I find that SPC or Ingalls are rather expensive and find myself leaning towards a DropZone kit. Let me know what worked out for you. Thanks!

Old 12-17-2006, 12:23 PM
Default RE: camber kit question(answered)

finally got my rear camber kit from ebay for $100. it is from wicked tuning comp.or something. Had the shop aligned itnowmy suspension rides real good with the pro-kit and gr-2's. the drop on my car is slightly lower than 1.2 which is fine with me cuz it looks better.

Old 05-12-2008, 06:33 PM
buzzyearlight
Unregistered

ORIGINAL: trukid21

finally got my rear camber kit from ebay for $100. it is from wicked tuning comp.or something. Had the shop aligned itnowmy suspension rides real good with the pro-kit and gr-2's. the drop on my car is slightly lower than 1.2 which is fine with me cuz it looks better.
Hello trukid21,

I've searched the forum considerably and there are few postings I found on Accord rear camber kits.

I'm looking at the Wicked Rear Camber Kit (http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/WICKE...em180241384495&amp for my 2004 Accord. $90 + shipping.

Did you install the rear camber kit then have your shop do the allignment? If anyone knows, what would be the difficulty level on removing and installing the new camber kit? I'm always in favor of saving some bucks if I can. How's the Wicked camber kit working out since your last posting?

Any help and assistance is appriciated!

Thank you
new member Buzzyearlight

Old 05-13-2008, 11:33 AM

I was in the same boat...my rear camber was off badly so i ordered the kit and put it on myself.. not to hard to do.. well then i took it back to the shop to have it aligned and they told me i needed a front as well.. i was mad.. they then quoted me at $675 for a front adj. ball and the alignment.. i said you are crazy.. so i ordered my front Ingalls kit and its on its way to me now.. they tryed to get me to pay $222 PER adj. ball joint