Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Cheapest coilovers around

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2010, 05:43 PM
Thumbs up Cheapest coilovers around

Ok so Im just starting to do work to my car, i put an intake and an exhause on my car and Im looking for coil overs... I have an 05 accord coupe 2.4l and im looking for the cheapest and best quality coil overs that i can for my car.. someone help

Old 07-22-2010, 07:51 PM
Supper Moderator

can you spend around 600-800bucks?? if not stay OEM

Old 07-22-2010, 10:28 PM

x2 on whats said above... If you like your car, I would not reccomend just putting a set of cheap coilovers on your car... A good qualitly set of coilovers will cost you 500+ minimum, and even if you get quality coilovers, there are still other suspension components you will need to replace such as the dampers, as they are not built for the stress put on them with a lowered car...

Old 07-23-2010, 12:17 PM
Super Moderator

... agreed, and once you drop the car you need an alignment to check camber - and if you need camber adjustment (likely) it's like $100 per wheel for the camber adjusters and another alignment to set them. So add another $400 or so to the $500+, then add in some alignments at $50 a pop.

Start to finish, to properly and safely drop a car while maintaining ride quality and preventing excessive tire wear - expect $1,000 investment with camber adjustments, multiple alignments, lowering springs, lowering dampeners - not including professional labor/install.

to DIY you'll need access to tools for suspension disasembly, jack, jack stands, spring compressor (can be rented), etc.

OEM replacement spring/dampener assembly is about $150 per wheel, so it's about 140% the cost to drop as it is to replace with OEM.

Old 07-23-2010, 12:59 PM
Supper Moderator

very very very well said ^^^^

Old 07-23-2010, 01:43 PM

the thing is I know how to do everything after dropping it, all Im worried about is the initial price of coilovers.. I was just hoping there was a quality cheap set out there, my buddies who all have jettas bought racelands paid 300 for their coils and have amazing ride quality and they go really really low.. I was just trying to see if I could catch a deal like that for my car

Old 07-23-2010, 01:44 PM

oh and i have all the tools necessary..

Old 07-23-2010, 04:31 PM

So you have all of the machines to check toe, caster, and camber??? You already have an allignment machine??? There are cheaper coilovers that offer good ride quality and can go however low you want them, but you have to understand, were talking about the longevity and durability of the product, and the fact that to lower you car safely(i.e. not chancing wrecking your car, and hurting yourself and or others) there are other parts that need replaced, and then they all need to be setup...

Old 07-23-2010, 04:40 PM

Also for a full coilover system, you can look to spend 800$ plus just for a decent kit... You can get coilover sleeves(what your wanting) for 399 by ground control, these are probably the cheapest yet still good quality coilovers you can get... They come with a lifetime warranty and are actually made with eibach springs...But you will still have to do everything else to make your car safe w/ these installed...

Old 07-23-2010, 06:39 PM
Supper Moderator

also you have to think about struts too. You don’t want to put any type of coilovers even GC coilovers (some of the best coilover sleeves and springs) on STOCK struts b/c they will blow out within about a week. The best bet is a full coilover set up for reliability and longevity and performance.

Quick Reply: Cheapest coilovers around