Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Cheapest coilovers around

Search this Thread

Old 07-24-2010, 12:31 AM

cheapest really good quality coilovers? which is basically the question. i would have to say h&r street performance coilovers. they are true coilover shocks with matched springs. all made in germany $975 on tire rack.

otherwise i hear megan, d2, function form type 2, etc. but those all call 800+.

also and im not trying to argue but camber adjusters arent really needed unless youre running really low pro tires and track driving. camber on hondas is not a problem toe is the main killer. you always need an alignment which includes toe and caster, but camber is mostly negligible. when you lower a car you need some negative camber to control handling. however if your taking corners hard you will still generate more camber which can cause some wear, hence track driving and such. just from experience and hearing many others with same issue. a guy with 4 degrees of negative camber had even regular street wear. just saying lol.

Old 07-24-2010, 01:26 AM

Idk... A buddy of mine with an ek hatch might disagree with you right now...Lol... He just had to replace a nice set of potenzas...Only got 1k out of them before uneven wearing occured... Got the camber adjusters and so far 2.5k on the new potenzas with no uneven wear... Your suspension is so crucial to your car, it would be like slapping on a turbo and not getting a tune, in my opinion...

Old 07-24-2010, 02:01 AM
Super Moderator

when you drop a car, you change camber. change camber and you increase tire wear. increase tire wear and you throw away money and suffer traction loss. we're not talking about track cars that blow through tires for faster lap times. we're talking about sedans that want 60k miles from their tires.

at least, you get the camber checked. if you need to adjust it, you're looking at $100 per wheel plus another alignment. when dropping your car, you should have this money on the ready. if you don't, you're spending that much or much more on new tires fairly quickly.

you keep saying "cheap" and "quality". Eibach is about as cheap as I'll go, but i consider it quality. you can get a front and rear spring and dampener upgrade with a moderate drop, for under $500. Then you see if you need other adjustments once installed.