Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

coilover sleeve advice

Search this Thread

Old 03-22-2007, 06:39 PM
Default coilover sleeve advice

ok, so im looking at getting some 'coilover' sleeve adj springs for my 98 accord, and im wondering if theres gonna be any strings attatched...are the wheels gonna turn inward at the top unless i change my camber? im looking to lower it 2-3 inches with a weaponR kit...help!
[align=left] [/align]

Old 03-22-2007, 07:07 PM
Default RE: coilover sleeve advice

if you lower it 2-3 inches without getting a camber kit then yes your tires are going to tilt in.... The only way to adjust camber on that car is to buy a camber kit for it.... so you either live with the bad camber and wear the tires more quickly or you buy the kit and install it all at once...

Old 03-22-2007, 07:44 PM

about how much would the appropriate camber kit cost?
[align=left] [/align]

Old 03-22-2007, 07:44 PM

sir nasty let me ask you your opinion while this topic is brought up.. i recieved my tein coilover kit, im lowering the car around 2 inches...im not going to be going 90 nd turning and you know, im just doing it for looks so do you still recommend to get a camber kit or i could wait it out and see how it makes out?

Old 03-22-2007, 09:05 PM

If you were doing 90 and turning it would handle better with the camber settings you'll get from lowering the car.... but even for a daily driver if you lower it two inches it's going to kick those tires out pretty good and cause excessive wear on the inside of the tire, you can get away with it for a time, just rotate the tires at every oil change but it is going to wear out your tires more quickly.... I dropped my civic 1.5" and it gave me 2.5 degrees of negative camber which basically ment you could tell the tires were cambered just by looking at it... it's something that you can get away without for a time (maybe a year about 12,000 miles if you rotate the tires frequently) but eventually it should be corrected...

As for camber kit costs I've seen them anywhere from $60.00 to $400.00 it just depends on how much adjustment you need, basically I'd be sure to get one that can adjust the camber +/- 3 degrees, if it can do that then you should be fine... I'd consider asking a tire/alignment shop what they suggest and how much it would cost, then get the info on it and see if you can get a better price online....

Old 03-22-2007, 11:00 PM

I have the same problem with my accord. Just installed 19 inch rims and full coilover kit and now my tires are bowed in at the top. I lowered it about 2 in. I just called an alignment shop in my area and thet're calling around looking for a decently priced camber kit. Hope it's not too much! But I will pay anything if it means a smoother ride and less wear on my expensivePOOPY** tires.

Old 03-23-2007, 03:05 AM
Administrator

Most Camber Kits I see are between $ 144.00 to $ 335.00 to purchase.Those are a 0-3degrees camber.

WheelBrokerAng

Old 03-23-2007, 03:08 AM
Administrator

ORIGINAL: sir_nasty

if you lower it 2-3 inches without getting a camber kit then yes your tires are going to tilt in.... The only way to adjust camber on that car is to buy a camber kit for it.... so you either live with the bad camber and wear the tires more quickly or you buy the kit and install it all at once...
This is very true and for real what sir_nasty posted here, tire wear will be seen after about 200 to 400 miles after you lower your ride:

WheelBrokerAng

Old 03-24-2007, 05:59 PM

does thgis look like a good kit to you guys? ... i need it properly adjusted for a 2.5 inch drop..http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FRONT...spagenameZWDVW
[align=left] [/align]

Old 03-24-2007, 08:13 PM

I was looking at getting the same kit. I'm guessing I need positive camber because my wheels are shifted in at the top. I do need positive camber, right? As for quality, I have no idea. I think all camber kits will do the job you want though, no matter what brand they are.

Quick Reply: coilover sleeve advice