Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Front Strut Bar and Rear Sway Bar

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2008, 08:03 PM
Default Front Strut Bar and Rear Sway Bar

I have a 07 v6 AT and I have a couple of questions regarding a front strut bar and rear sway bar. How hard are both to install? Any links on where to get parts? Is it worth my time and money? Kinda new to this sorry.

Any help would be great.

Thanks

Old 07-05-2008, 08:17 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Front Strut Bar and Rear Sway Bar

rear sway bar is a easy-peasy to install.

front sway bar is not worth it...you're trying to get rid of understeer by installing a rear sway bar...why negate the benefits you just installed? that...and the installation is a PITA, aka b****.

rear sway bar is worth every drop. progress rear sway bars (22mm adjustable) go for around 130-140. just google search.

Old 07-05-2008, 08:32 PM

I was doing some research and found that you could do 17mm sway bar and a 25 mmfront strut both off the TL. They both work fine...But if ur suggesting no front strut. Then nvm.
Also just to clarify, I am trying to get sharper handling and less body lean.

Old 07-05-2008, 09:25 PM

Also would just a front strut bar off a 6 speed v-6 coupe work? And then just forget the rear sway?

Old 07-05-2008, 11:41 PM

ohhhh....misread your post. go do BOTH. front strut bar is very beneficial to tightening up your engine bay/chassis. the front strut bar off a 6 speed v6 coupe would work, as well as a TL/TSX front strut bar. 17mm rear sway is not as good as a 22 or even a 24.

if you want your car to weave better, sharper handling, and less body roll...you're best bet is to do both. the front strut bar will stiffen your ride somewhat....but it will not come close to eliminating understeer. the rear sway bar will come very close.

Old 07-06-2008, 06:30 PM

Any suggestions on which one I should do first? I dont have the money to do both at the same time. Which one would make the biggest difference?

Old 07-06-2008, 10:34 PM

Rear sway.

Old 07-08-2008, 08:55 AM

The front strut bar is DEFINATELY worth it. It was the very last piece that I put on my suspension and I could definately tell a difference. Just make sure that the wheels are off the ground when it is installed.

Old 07-08-2008, 02:03 PM

Yeah, but he wants the one mod that makes the biggest difference. Rear sway, then front strut. Both are comparable in level of difficulty (easy).

Old 07-08-2008, 02:24 PM

Rear sway definately ..... then front sway. Any moving part is going to make a bigger difference than a brace. Once the springs (linear and torsion) are tighter, then bracing becomes necessary.

When you stiffen the linear springs (that hold the car up) you also need to stiffen the dampers.
In the same way, after you stiffen the torsion springs (sway bars) you should stiffen the mounts and flex points in the chasis to make them work better (strut braces and tie bar).

Quick Reply: Front Strut Bar and Rear Sway Bar