Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

HELP

Search this Thread

Old 07-09-2007, 10:58 AM
Default HELP

Can someone please explaine to me what a chamber kit is and what exactly does it do for you car. I have 18" racing harts and bout to drop it. do i need this???????

Old 07-09-2007, 01:35 PM
Default RE: HELP

A camber kit readjusts and fixes the negative camber angle that you would get from dropping your vehicle. When you drop your ride over an inch or so, think of it as your wheels being raised towards the wheel wells. Because of this, the bottom of your tires will be pointed outwards slightly, which is what a negative camber angle is. This is bad because more than a degree of camber will greatly reduce the tread life on tires, and will make them wear unevenly. So how much were you planning on dropping your car? My guess would be that you would want to look into a camber kit. I haven't dropped my ride yet, so I couldn't tell you if the front or back or both seems to be the most important. Hopefully someone can follow up to what I said. Hope this helps! Good luck.

Old 07-09-2007, 03:30 PM

that does explaine it pretty good and my guess is that I will need a chamber kit for mine becuse i am planning on dropping it about 1.25, and a little less in the back b/c of my box. does that sound good or should i do something else.
other thoughts from other people is also appreciated.

Old 07-09-2007, 04:14 PM

nice wheels! i am in the same boat. i have an 02 coupe with 18 inch sacchi s6's - 235/40/18's - and wanna drop the front about an inch and the back .75 inches. would i need a camber kit at this point? do i need new struts? also, would anyone recommend using the megan coil sleeves for such a small drop or would i regret buying them? i like how inexpensive they are and i don't wanna do a major drop - again, just an inch in front and .75 inches in back. also, i don't moto-x or even street race...strictly just for looks. keep me posted on what you decide to do. thanks.

Old 07-10-2007, 06:56 AM

Personally, I wouldn't go coil sleeve for that small of a drop. You are way better off going with an aftermarket's "OEM" springs, which should have a small drop like that. I forget what brandI saw that had the OEM springs with like a .75" drop. I f I see it again I'll let you know, it's in some other thread. Anyways, look around. And no, I highly doubt you would want to use a camber kit for under an inch. There are still a number of people who don't use it with a 1.25" drop and say it's fine, but every car's results are different. As for the struts, you certainly don't need them right away if you are worried about funds, they should last for a bit, but do know that you will end up having to replace them sooner than with a stock setup. Any more questions?

Old 07-10-2007, 07:05 AM

H&R OE Springs i think... check into them and let us know?

Old 07-10-2007, 10:16 AM

H&R OE Sport springs are exactly what you want... they're around $200.00 for the full set if you search around.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:33 AM

Thanks for backing me up sir_nasty! I wasn't positive of what they were called.

Old 07-10-2007, 10:51 AM

NP, that was a good call.... I love H&R springs..... 3/4 inch drop front/rear, list price is $299.00 so I'm sure you can find it for about $200.00 if you search

OE Sport Spring 2/4 door, Typ CD, 4 cyl, WGN
0.75 0.75 Part # 51851-55 $ 299.00 Kit

http://www.hrsprings.com/site/index.html

Here's a link to the ones for my car, just search this site for yours.... like I said around $200.00, this site has free shipping
http://www.cardomain.com/item/HNR5185255
Based ON that link I bet you can find yours at
http://www.cardomain.com/item/HNR5185155

Old 07-10-2007, 09:31 PM

what are the disadvantages of using coilover sleeves for that small of a drop? will my ride be harsh? bouncy? sorry to ask, but they are pretty inexpensive...can get the megan coilover sleeves for $75! thanks for your help.

Quick Reply: HELP