Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

HELP

Old 07-10-2007, 11:29 PM
Default RE: HELP

I've been in cars with coilovers, and haven't once liked the ride. I guess it's just personal preference. Going with replacement springs will give you a more stock (smooth) ride and fit well with your "subtle" upgrade.

Old 07-12-2007, 11:45 AM

Thanks for al the responeses, I just got my Ground Control Coil overs with some eibach sport springs, waiting for the rest of my funds to buy some KYB GR-2 GAS struts... What do you guys think or should i go with another set up for the struts.

Old 07-12-2007, 01:58 PM

ORIGINAL: rh honda

Thanks for al the responeses, I just got my Ground Control Coil overs with some eibach sport springs, waiting for the rest of my funds to buy some KYB GR-2 GAS struts... What do you guys think or should i go with another set up for the struts.
Haha! Weren't feelin the H&R's huh? Hope you lke your GC's. I won't ever get coilovers. But the people that do like to go that way sem happy with the GC's.

Old 07-12-2007, 02:14 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member

using skunk2 coil overs, about the only complaint is the fact that even tho they were "made" for my year of car they dont account for the fact that the rear shocks are longer then the front so the coilover doesnt have the proper length and the paint on the shock part of the coilover didnt hold up. But either way you know if youre on a flat road or not ^_^ just a few considerations ^_^

Old 07-12-2007, 02:51 PM

My H&R cup kit was an amazing fit, not a bouncy ride either... my suspension went from fairly smooth and bouncy to feeling like a go cart, when I touched the steering wheel and thought about turning it would respond and corner like a mad man but it was a real kidney massager it felt like I was getting beat over really uneven roads... But performance wise it was like nothing I've ever driven...

Old 07-12-2007, 02:51 PM

Ive had Ground Controls before and was happy with them....I guess its a preference thing As I would never buy just springs...I like the capability to adjust whenever ide like.... Im currently using a full APEXI coilover system,,,love it! Oh, and as far as Camber kits,,,, Ive got some Ingalls and theyve done the job for years now,,,It will save you alot of money down the road with tires....

[IMG]local://upfiles/10481/C03BDF16709740AC98398F848BF2808B.jpg[/IMG]

Old 07-20-2007, 09:15 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member

The H&R OEM's with 3/4" drop wouldn't look that great, IMO. There would still be a ton of wheel gap since you don't have skirts or a lip. I got the Eibach Pro-Kit and the drop was around 1.25", looks great with equal wheel gap on the sides and top. The ride is a little bit more bouncy with the OEM shocks, but cornering is greatly improved over the stock springs. You won't need a camber kit for the front and the rear is optional, get it if your picky about how your wheels will look; it's honestly not as noticeable as a 2"-3" drop without the kit is. My shop told me not to worry about the rear camber because it's not severe enough to wear down the tire much faster. I'll post pics later tonight hopefully.