Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

lowered 7th gen----look here

Search this Thread

Old 07-26-2007, 05:53 PM
bevans
Unregistered
Default lowered 7th gen----look here

I'm wanting to know what kinda mileage everyone with a lowered 7th genaccord gets out of there tires? This is my 10th car and 6th honda the onlyhonda so far I left stock. I thought I was out of the car stuff butguess I'm not all the way out. Anyway I was interested in a small drop like the tein s techs but I drive 2000-3500 miles a month and dont feel like buying new tires every 3 months again. Oh by the way I only plan on putting on 17in TL wheels on the car. Let me know if you have a camber kit also and what brand and type. I need to know so I can either make the purchase or put it to rest, either way its the wondering if I shouldthat is driving me crazy. Thanksin advance for any and all info.
Brandon

Old 07-26-2007, 06:01 PM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: lowered 7th gen----look here

I don't have a dropped 7th gen, but if you lower it, camber kit it, and get a full alignment to factory specs then it should wear close to factory.

Old 07-26-2007, 07:39 PM
bevans
Unregistered

I have always done that and it never wears anywhere close to factory, I would always eat the inside of the tire. I tried several camber kits from camber bolts and upper control arms to adjustable ball joints. My cars were usually dropped 2.25-3.25 inches though.If anyone has any gen. accord with the tein springs or any good "close to factory" riding springs let me know how bad/good you wear out your tires. Thanks.

Old 07-26-2007, 07:54 PM

ORIGINAL: bevans

I have always done that and it never wears anywhere close to factory, I would always eat the inside of the tire. I tried several camber kits from camber bolts and upper control arms to adjustable ball joints. My cars were usually dropped 2.25-3.25 inches though.If anyone has any gen. accord with the tein springs or any good "close to factory" riding springs let me know how bad/good you wear out your tires. Thanks.
That would be why your tires never lasted. A slight drop of 1.5" from Tein STechs or even H&R oem springs should be good enough for you and not require a camber kit. I'm dropped 2-2.5 inches on H&R sports and run the ingalls upper arm camber kit and I've never chewed up tires, they always wear evenly.

Old 07-26-2007, 10:15 PM

Eibach Pro-Kits have a 1 - 1.5" lowering and are designed to be used with the stock shocks. I have them and you don't need the rear camber kit.

BlkCurrantKord, if he got both front and rear camber kits would that not correct his camber back to factory specs after an alignment? If you're aligned at factory specs, what would be some reasons for them not to wear like factory suspension, assuming you put the same tires on as before the drop?

Old 07-27-2007, 07:07 AM
Almost A Senior Member

Mines lowered on S-Techs and I havent put my camber kit on yet. Ive put about 6k on the springs and tires and dont really have too much of a difference in wear. I also try to rotate each oil change.

Finch, camber kits can only bring you so far back to spec. when you've gone as low as he went (2.25"-3.25")

Old 07-27-2007, 11:27 AM
bevans
Unregistered

thanks.

Old 07-27-2007, 11:41 AM

I see. I know you can get like 0 - 1.5 degrees and 1.5 to 3 degrees. Wasn't sure how much they corrected it though, figured within a reasonable amount from stock.