Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Lowering 97 Accord (Questions)

Search this Thread

Old 01-04-2011, 03:58 PM
Newest Of Newbies
Default Lowering 97 Accord (Questions)

I'd send a PM but I have no idea who to send it to lol. I read the "Suspension FAQ 2.0" thread which was/is really helpful. I just have a couple of questions about lowering your car. I know there are a few things to get, well depending on the outcome, after lowering your car which brings me to my question.

Hypothetically speaking, if money isn't an issue, can you get just the Coilovers Kit to fix whatever issue(s) you might have after lowering your car?!? From some of my readings, I understand Coilovers Kits are basically struts, shocks, with lowering springs, as well as built in camber adjustments in one. Correct me if I'm wrong please.

Rather than purchasing them separately, can I just purchase Coilovers Kit?

If I can, can someone please point me in the right direction of which one I have to get? Because there are a few Coilovers Kits I have seen and the price differences have me wondering if they are all the same but just of poor quality. Or they do different things.

I know there are a bunch of questions here, but any help will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Old 01-04-2011, 05:14 PM
Supper Moderator

Function & Forum. Tein. are my 2 fav. coilover brands. Teins will prob. be little more pricy as the F&F most of the time are cheaper depending on if you get the type 1's or the type 2's
There are a good bit of good brands out there...search around online and you will find more brands than I listed. Thos are just the one's I prefer

I'm not sure I understand what you mean by... "can you get just the Coilovers Kit to fix whatever issue(s) you might have after lowering your car?!?"

If your asking if you can just put coilver sleeves and springs on OEM shocks?..yes you can but DON'T. They will blow out quick and the ride will suck.
And no coilovers arn't just lowering springs. They are coilover springs. They will only work with coilovers

Old 01-04-2011, 05:55 PM
Newest Of Newbies

Thanks for the reply g22cd5.

I don't get what you mean by "Function & Forum" though. But to move on, what I meant by "just getting Coilovers Kits" is, from my readings somewhere, you had the option of purchasing struts, shocks and springs separately OR just purchase Coilovers which had all that with it. How? I don't know. This is just from my understanding. Unless I misunderstood what I read?

I was just reading the "Suspension FAQ 2.0" again and now I have a different understanding. So my question should've been, to lower the car, will just getting the "Full Coilover Assembly" be ALL I need? As I don't want to purchase parts separately.

And what does a "Full Coilover Assembly" consist of? Asking so I can know what to look for in the mentioned quality brands.

Old 01-04-2011, 11:14 PM
Administrator
Talking Hello member

This is a coil-over kit for your car..every thing you would need.

Welcome to the forums...

WheelBrokerAng Click Images

Attached Thumbnails Lowering 97 Accord (Questions)-cs-me95-1.jpg   Lowering 97 Accord (Questions)-brvkq2q-mk%7E%24-kgrhqih-cwevck3gsceblzoqegfzg%7E%7E_35.jpg  
Old 01-05-2011, 09:49 AM
Newest Of Newbies

So what brand is that?

Old 01-05-2011, 10:21 AM
Newest Of Newbies

My bad g22cd5. I see you meant Function and Form (the brand). Sorry lol. I think I will get those though.

Last edited by DMarley; 01-05-2011 at 10:27 AM.