Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Need Help! Rattling Noise

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2007, 09:42 PM
Default Need Help! Rattling Noise

So i recently dropped my car, using tein springs and tokico blues. Im a poor college student so i didnt install a camber kit. However, thats not my problem.

When in drive (auto), and the brake pedal pressed down, so that the car is stopped, there is a rattling noise, which appears to be coming from the front right wheel. WhenI let go of the brake, the noise goes away.I've never had this noise before doing the drop. However, whenever the shifter is placed into nuetral, reverse, or park, even while the pedal is still pressed down, the noise goes away.

Anybody have any idea what could be causing this problem? Thanks for your help.

Old 03-26-2007, 04:53 AM
Default RE: Need Help! Rattling Noise

LOL i had this same exact problem except exactly opposite... The noise was there before i lowered it and it went away when i lowered it with 2.5 drop Skunk2 springs... really weird... im gonna pay attention to this post to see if anyone knows what it is... all my symptoms were the same though... right when u let off the brakes to go again the noise goes away right? Is it a high pitched noise the best way i could describe mine is a tea pot inside of a box to baffle it a lil?

Old 03-28-2007, 12:36 AM
Default RE: Need Help! Rattling Noise

So i think i fixed the problem. I think it was my cold air that was rattling against the firewall. haha. So i wedged part of a bumpstop that i cut during the drop and wedged it between the cold air and the firewall. It has stopped for now, but i'll wait and see to make sure that was the problem.

When i looked at my cold air, the firewall had almost filed its way completely through the pipe. =X. What a waste of an Injen. O well, still works, newb mistake on my part.

I'm guessing when the tranny was engaged, it was causing more motor vibration, and mayb the stiffer suspension led to less vibration being absorbed by the shocks. Who knows.