Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Personal suspension opinions and advice

Old 02-27-2006, 03:53 AM
Default Personal suspension opinions and advice

I've been doing some homework on a new suspension kit for my 92 lx and have checked out a variety of names out there. I'm currently riding on 17 x 7.5 with Falkens. I want to drop the vehicle as to eliminate wheel gap but also want to maintain a nice ride for the most part. I definately want damper controls so tein basic it out the window. I'm debating whether ride height adjustability is worth the extra cash. Tein offer's the ss kit while I've heard ground control and skunk2 coilovers are very reputable if not more. Should I sprint for these height adjustables or stick with dropping springs such as eibach and H&R to go along with koni yellows? I'd like some reviews and personal input on these products if possible. Also, some info on camber kits and bushings sets such as energy suspension would be helpful.

-Thanks in advance

Old 02-27-2006, 04:00 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Personal suspension opinions and advice

i currently run tein basics over tokico blues with front and back upper strut towers and energy suspension polyeurothane bushings all the way around. its pretty low im tuckin the stock rims.... when i bank it up on the freeway at a dollar ten with the crappy *** uneven pavement that we have in AZ, all 4 tires Always stay on the ground. it really stays planted..ride quality is just how i want it...not bouncy or ghetto at all, its stiff though.

Old 02-27-2006, 04:09 AM

Im definately looking at getting strut bars to reinforce the vehicle even more from 'frame swerve' as I like to call it. Heard some ebay generics arent too bad but I haven't looked into them yet. Some streets her in socal can get pretty bad, but their cool for the most part

Old 03-01-2006, 08:39 PM
Carkustomizer
Unregistered

Speaking from experiece do it right the first time cause it'll cost you more in the long run. I have a 00 and the first time I lowered it I just put ground control coilover because it was the cheapest and I felt every bump and rock on the road. My car jumped so bad when I hit bump I hated it and had to change.

Old 03-02-2006, 02:59 AM

I'm definately gonna upgrade the shocks AND the springs. I've purchsed some koni yellows thus far and looking into either the eibach pro or sportline kits. The pro kits offer less drop but i head they are a better ride while the sportlines offer a bigger drop but bumpier ride. Height adjustables such as ground control and skunk2 seem nice but I don't wanna have to adjust the camber everytime i adjust them. Any thoughts what I just said? Any body have any advice on camber? Much appreciated.

Old 03-02-2006, 12:05 PM

I would absolutely go with the height adjustable option. If you get a spring and don't like how low or high it is or your tires rub, you are stuck, and you just wasted money on springs and install (and if you did it yourself, a lot of time). I can personally vouch for the Skunk2 and Koni Yellow setup as that is what I have on my car. You have full adjustability and you can change it to fit your needs anytime you want. As for the camber issue, find a height that you are happy with, and if you decide to change it, you won't have to adjust the camber unless it is a drastic change (like over an inch higher or lower).