Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Please help.. im a lil confused

Search this Thread

Old 01-24-2008, 09:42 PM
Default Please help.. im a lil confused

Alright so for awhile i have been looking at investing in coilovers and i think i have decided on the K-sports.. Now i have been tring to read up on the whole alinement situation.. Is it correct that if i drop the car ~2- 2 1/2 front and ~2 in the rear ( i want the gap gone) then i will have a negative camber? So then if i went ahead and got a camber kit that goes up to +3 for the front would that be what i need ? What thenwould i need for the rear?Also i am planning on puttin the coilovers on myself ( is that do-able ?) then taken the car in for the alinement and having them do the camber kit and all. Any imput would be great.. obviously i am learning !!

Old 01-25-2008, 07:48 AM
Been Around A Long Time Member
Default RE: Please help.. im a lil confused

You got it down. ::thumbup::

Old 01-25-2008, 09:32 PM

I installed my coilovers myself, then installed my camber kit. I then drove the car to the alignment shop and let them align the car and adjust camber kit accordingly... It will save you money to install the camber kit yourself and then let the shop adjust it... Just make sure whoever you take it to has some experience adjusting this type of kit. Ask them beforethey start... And this is the camber kit I used. It works great and isreasonable....

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/FRONT...2em118Q2el1247

Old 01-26-2008, 09:48 AM

Thanks alot J_man i will look into getting those.. front and rear for $150 is a great deal

Old 01-29-2008, 03:33 PM

Just like J man Said, make sure your alignment guy has expriance, you can nsave a lot of money installing them yourself (if you know what your doing) if not it will take a long time, after installing them take the camber kits to the alignment guy and have him install it ( one thing you want to keep in mind, there are couple diffrent type of camber kits (pro alignment) whatever you want to call it, make sure you get top of the line one) cheap ones will give your problems later on down the line, hope this helps, i got the Eibach Pro aligment (top of the line series) front and back there awsome!