Suspension Talk about your suspension within.

Saludos everyone. I am new to the forum.

Search this Thread

Old 12-26-2010, 05:11 PM
Default Saludos everyone. I am new to the forum.

Hello everyone,
I recently acquired a 96 Accord 4dr LX, AT. I am learning to love it. I have begun to restore it already. Here are some things i have recently repaired on it. Any other newbies want advice on my personal experience feel free to ask. I always read all the faqs first!! on this wonderful site, and also make searches on Google and Youtube to find other thoughtful insights to doing each new task.
♦EGR valve cleanup.(Rough idle issues) a must do on all accords.
♦Intake manifold cover removal and cleanup(it was gummed up real bad).
♦Valve cover seals upper and lower ones replaced. ( Bad ones cause bad leaks that fill the spark plug wells. If you can pull out a spark plug wire and it is tainted with oil you need to replace these seals).
♦Distributor seal replace(inner and outer) a must do on all accords.
♦Passenger side wheel bearing replace.(It was fun). Interesting thing about this is that i realized my bearing was bad when my dash on the passenger side began to vibrate real bad and the car started to create a loud noise from the friction being created by the bad bearing. I used my Harbor Freight tools Shop press to press it out of the hub, then i cut the race and removed it with a chisel.
♦Right lower ball joint replace.( I used a Autozone Rental tool to press it out).
♦Upper ball joint removal and replace. ( I used my shop press to press it out, piece of cake!)
♦Lower right control arm bushing removal and replace with NAPA bushings. ( I used my shop press. I fabricated my own sleeves to press them out, i made one from a craftsman 1 1/2" inch socket turned down to size on a grinder, and the other one from a piece of 1/2" pipe female to female adapter, also turned down to size with a grinder. (i wish i had a lathe ).
♦Drivers side window regulator/motor. I got one from a local junkyard in good shape.
♦Passenger side door lock actuator.[IMG]file:///C:/Users/Toshiba/AppData/Local/Temp/moz-screenshot.png[/IMG] These go bad frequently on accords.

To be continued......

Last edited by victor2010; 12-27-2010 at 10:15 PM.
Old 12-27-2010, 04:18 PM
Administrator

Thank You for Joining the HAF and giving us this input...

WheelBrokerAng